This is my 3 year old Hannah, she will be 4 in two months. She is a handful. She loves watercolors, puppies, jumping on the trampoline, cheerleading (ask her she will show you her "jumps"), chicken strips, iced tea, and tormenting her 18 year old brother.I think it was yesterday that I posted that Hannah was home full time from daycare/preschool. I began working with her right away on her "homework" as she calls it. Around 10 a.m. we sit down and I write her name on a piece of paper and she copies it, her way. Hannah's way is to flip the paper over and copy it from the back, backwards. I finally caught on today to what she was doing, as yesterday I wasn't really paying great attention and thought she was dyslexic or something. No, just silly. She only wants to copy her name and alphabet from the back side of the paper by tracing what I wrote. After finally getting her to write the letter A and B by herself the right way on the right side of the paper, we went to www.starfall.com again, and reviewed the letter A and worked on the letter B. We also had to do the letter H, as it starts with her name.
Hannah and I went outside to give the chickens fresh water. While getting the waterer filled, I noticed the smallest frog I had ever seen. It was about 1/2 inch long! I called Hannah over really quick to see it, and we watched it hop through the mud by the spigot. She asked me where the baby frog's mom and dad were, I confessed that I thought he was lost, because I didn't know where they were.
Afterwards we watched the "Little Einsteins" cartoon, which I like for it's classical music emphasis. I can tell she is paying attention because tonight I was doing my homework in Music Appreciation and played a portion of Beethoven's 5th Symphony and she looked up from her painting and said "Hey that's Beethoven! Are you watching the Little Einstein's on your 'puter?" I told her no, and then showed her the computer monitor with a picture of Beethoven. I then played a portion of Mozart's 12 variations in C and asked her what it was....do you know?
It's Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star! She got it and was very excited. She wanted me to play more, so I played Tchaikovsky's the Waltz of the Flowers and she said "That's from the Barbie Nutcracker!" She has a very good ear and memory. It would be great if she played the violin like I did. (Lauren has expressed an interest, but there is no way I could teach her, she is too sensitive.) Anyway, my schedule with Hannah looks like this for now:
Writing
Phonics
Computer
Math
Music
Reading (I read a Patriotic story at lunch time, and a Bible story at bed time)
(Except for the reading, this takes 30 minutes, then we sit and read.)
It's funny how much they hear when you think they aren't paying attention. Last night's story was the first in the book about Adam and Eve, and the Creation. Well, she came to me around lunch time and said "Momma, Bubba (that's Taylor) said that God didn't make the puppy, but you said last month (she meant last night) that God made all the aminals (that's how she says animals). Tell him Momma, tell him he's lying." I reassured her that yes that God did make all the "aminals" and "the peoples" too, and asked Bubba to stop messing with his little sister. He just chuckled. He just loves to get a rise out of her!
Well, that's it for now, it may change later once Lauren is home schooling with us too.
No comments:
Post a Comment