
Read something this morning that bothered me more than usual. I consider myself a very positive person, at times, I get a little down of course. I DO NOT have rose colored glasses on when it comes to life in general, or the government. Let me preface this "tirade" by saying I do not and will not apologize to anyone for anything I say, because well...this is my blog. My statements are based on my life experience, my exceptional intellect (LOL!) and my biblical knowledge.
I get really peeved when I hear people trash the government and the United States. This is MY country and I LOVE IT. My family came to this country in the late 1640's, and have been here every since, fought in every war (no we are not war monger's), because sometimes it is necessary to fight a war. War is ugly, war is sad, but it is inevitable at times.
I really hate it when so called Americans make it sound like the entire United States is polluted and an unfit place to live because of the actions of our politicians. While I do not agree with every decision my elected officals (mayor, govenor, president) makes, I do recognize that they are human and make mistakes. In the same situation, how would I do? How would these naysayer's react? No one can honestly say what they would do if they were president, and had to decide on a war, oil, food, electricity, etc., etc., so while I acknowledge that everyone has their rights, people take this too far. Freedom, and rights does not mean you have the RIGHT to do whatever you want. That is not freedom, that is selfishness and anarchy.
Yes, I believe more and more of our rights are being taken away. Yes, I believe the government messes too much in the daily lives of it's citizens. Yes, I believe the government lies and creates scenarios to convict innocent people of horrible crimes. Yes, I believe we need a better form of government and HONEST leaders. But this is NOT the American people. This is the government that has twised, and corrupted itself. The average American citizen fools themself if they believe they can change the way the government is going on an individual basis. More Americans need to get involved with changing things from within, running for political office, and not just running their mouths.
Be positive, be proactive, don't be part of the problem.
I cannot tell you how many times I read on the internet ALL these "Americans" who trash this government and country, and feel by posting their thoughts on the internet that it will somehow "change" anything for the good. Vote, run for office, lobby, write for the newspaper, protest maturely, stand up for yourself, but do so while respecting those in authority over you. IT IS POSSIBLE TO RESPECT THE OFFICE IF NOT THE OFFICIAL.
This is a biblical mandate. I do not believe we are called to sit blindly by while we are mistreated, but to use the law in our favor to change things for good. We cannot do this by being subversive, immature, and closet traitors. Be true to your God and your country, or please go live somewhere else.
I get really peeved when I hear people trash the government and the United States. This is MY country and I LOVE IT. My family came to this country in the late 1640's, and have been here every since, fought in every war (no we are not war monger's), because sometimes it is necessary to fight a war. War is ugly, war is sad, but it is inevitable at times.
I really hate it when so called Americans make it sound like the entire United States is polluted and an unfit place to live because of the actions of our politicians. While I do not agree with every decision my elected officals (mayor, govenor, president) makes, I do recognize that they are human and make mistakes. In the same situation, how would I do? How would these naysayer's react? No one can honestly say what they would do if they were president, and had to decide on a war, oil, food, electricity, etc., etc., so while I acknowledge that everyone has their rights, people take this too far. Freedom, and rights does not mean you have the RIGHT to do whatever you want. That is not freedom, that is selfishness and anarchy.
Yes, I believe more and more of our rights are being taken away. Yes, I believe the government messes too much in the daily lives of it's citizens. Yes, I believe the government lies and creates scenarios to convict innocent people of horrible crimes. Yes, I believe we need a better form of government and HONEST leaders. But this is NOT the American people. This is the government that has twised, and corrupted itself. The average American citizen fools themself if they believe they can change the way the government is going on an individual basis. More Americans need to get involved with changing things from within, running for political office, and not just running their mouths.
Be positive, be proactive, don't be part of the problem.
I cannot tell you how many times I read on the internet ALL these "Americans" who trash this government and country, and feel by posting their thoughts on the internet that it will somehow "change" anything for the good. Vote, run for office, lobby, write for the newspaper, protest maturely, stand up for yourself, but do so while respecting those in authority over you. IT IS POSSIBLE TO RESPECT THE OFFICE IF NOT THE OFFICIAL.
This is a biblical mandate. I do not believe we are called to sit blindly by while we are mistreated, but to use the law in our favor to change things for good. We cannot do this by being subversive, immature, and closet traitors. Be true to your God and your country, or please go live somewhere else.
1 comment:
Great post, Amy!! Love it, and agree 110%.
~Brea
Post a Comment