Wednesday, August 8, 2007

The Kings Fifth


The Kings Fifth is another book that I read yesterday regarding Coronado's search for the Seven Cities of Cibola. It was a fictional story told from the point of view of the 17 year old cartographer (map maker). You can go here to order if you like. http://www.dorothyhoobler.com/us/1900/0395069637/The_Kings_Fifth/

The title refers to the fact that the King of Spain was entitled to a fifth of whatever treasure that was found. It was a very good book, and reminded me that the King of Kings is entitled to ALL of my treasure, but only asks for a tenth.

****************************************************
Today was a good day. Started out slow, didn't get out of bed until 9:30 this morning. I felt really tired and blah, and have been yawning all day. I don't know what's up with that, but hopefully it gets better.

Worked on my sewing orders, and helped Lauren with her crochet. I taught her to single crochet a chain last year, but we added onto that yesterday and I showed her how to double crochet. She used some scrap yarn in pink and ended up with about a 2 inch wide strip and about 20 inches long piece of crochet. We crocheted a couple of single chaings and tied on the end, and she is going to wear as a belt with her jeans. It looks really cute. I will try and get a picture and post it.

We went out to dinner tonight at a local Mexican restaurant. It was really good, but I couldn't eat it all. I made $100.00 this week in my homesteading business and took everyone out to dinner, and put the remainder in the savings account.

Hannah was really cute tonight she brought me a pencil and asked me to "duck" her while she sings. (she meant conduct). I'd wave the pencil and she'd sing and dance, when I stopped she would stop in mid song and dance move until I started waving it again. She made me laugh.

When we got out of the car tonight she asked me "Jesus died on the cross right mama? He died for our sins right mama?" I told her yes, and asked her what sins were....she said "that's when we "distobay" and are "thievers". I told her very good, which for being four I think it is....especially just saying that out of the blue. I guess she has been listening and paying attention!

The beans I started for Candi's garden have sprouted, and I will be taking them over tomorrow to plant.

No comments: