Monday, August 13, 2007

Hello from Hades...Level 1


Hello from the 1st level of Hades! I say that because it was 101 degrees today.....not because I was having a bad day. LOL!

Today was a very busy day. Went into town to deposit tithe checks from church, and a couple of checks in my account from sewing orders. On the way back home I stopped at a local Thrift bakery. I remembered my mom shopping here when I was a teenager, and the prices were really cheap....well that was the 80's. I didn't find very many good prices there, everything at the regular grocery store was cheaper or the same price. I did find a good deal (to me) on hamburger buns. They were donated by Wendy's. There are 9 large buns in a bag, and the bags were 65 cents each. I also picked up a bag of powdered donuts and one of cinnamon. There were bags of white corn tortillas (90 count) for less than a dollar, so I got two of those too. For spending over six dollars I received a bag of square shaped "bagel bread"

I divided these between me and Candi. Stopped by her house on the way home to drop off the bread and other items. Swung by the grocery store to pick up a couple of items, as I am trying to use what I have in the freezer, but desperately needed T.P. and milk.

After dinner, I worked on the first month of lesson plans for the girls, and looked up events at the local parks for field trips.

Made chocolate chip cookies for the week.

My shelves are finished in the play room, so I spent the rest of the night folding blankets, feather duvets, sleeping bags and sheets and placing on the shelves. Everything has just been piled (and I mean piled!) on the floor in the playroom closet. The shelves are made from 1 X 12 and are 24 inches deep, 24 inches wide, and 18 inches apart. I wanted to be able to place rubber maid totes on the bottom and the other shelves, if needed.

Tomorrow we are going swimming at my sister's, and will spend the evening sorting through toys, and organizing the playroom. I'd like to use the playroom as the schoolroom also, so really need to get the toys under control.

I have two little green tomatoes on my tomato plants, and lots more flowers, so it looks like I will have a second "crop" of tomatoes.
I didn't complete my devotional today, and I feel bad. I always have a bad day when I forget to read my Bible. I need to get a new devotional book.
Well gotta go, I want to catch a nap before getting up at 2 a.m. to see if I can locate any meteors (the Perseids).

No comments: