
It's Sunday again. I normally enjoy Sunday's, but today I am irritable. I think I figured out what is wrong with me (okay you guys close your ears!) I think I have PMS. I was looking at the symptoms and yep that's me to a "T". Grumpy, angry at nothing, headaches, muscle and joint aches. I thought I had the flu, but nah.....okay, enough personal stuff. LOL!
I have children's church during August. We start the worship service by singing, and right as the sermon is set to start I exit the room, and the kids follow me, quietly. We have a small lesson in the foyer of the building, for about 30 minutes.
I have been printing bible lessons with the scripture verse, memory verse, color page and a word find off the internet at http://www.calvarychapel.com/. Today's lesson was on John the Baptist. Last week's memory verse was Luke 2:52 "And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man." My daughter Lauren, and niece Leighann were able to say the verse to me, so I let them pick a prize from my bag.
Normally, we have a book that the church purchased to do children's church, but no one has given it to me yet, so I am doing my own. I am working on the kids looking up the scripture references, taking turns reading the scripture (which they were shocked about) and working on a memory verse this week. The one for this next week is Luke 3:3. I purchase fancy pencils, little notebooks, small dry erase boards and a bunch of little trinkets at the Dollar Tree, hoping to give some incentive to learn the verses.
Decided to clean up today, so that I could do laundry and run into town tomorrow. Finished cleaning up a little for today......and getting ready to make some laundry soap. I really want to take a nap, but can't do that with the kids running around.
Took an inventory of my food storage, and am very dissappointed. I have a LONG way to go before I get a year's worth of food on hand. I have about 21 lbs of flour, which equates to 10 days worth of flour, I guess if I was baking everyday and only used 2.11 lbs a day. The amount recommended for a family of 5 is 773 lbs of flour or wheat for a year. So you can see I have a long way to go.
Here is an inventory of the rest of my food stuff:
ITEM NEEDED ON HAND
Wheat/flour 773lbs needed - 21 lbs on hand
Corn Meal 133 lbs needed - 21 lbs cornmeal
Rolled Oats 173 lbs - 1 lb
Barley 14 lbs - 0
Pasta 150 lbs - 13 lbs
Whole Wheat Flour no recommended amount 5 lbs on hand
Beans 250 lbs - 10 lbs
Dried Soup 35 lbs - one package of dried onion soup mix
Oil 24 qts - 4 qts
Shortening 10 qts - 4 qts
Mayo 5 qts - 1 qt
Salad Dressing 5 qts - 2 qts
P. Butter 5 qts - 2 qts
Dry Milk 70 lbs - 1.5 lbs
Evap Milk 60 12 oz cans - none
Choc Chips 10 lbs - 1 lb
Sugar 196 lbs - 4 lbs
Brown Sugar 15 lbs - 2 lbs
Molasses 5 lbs - 1 lbs
Honey 15 lbs - 1 lb
Corn Syrup 15 lbs - 1 lb
Jam Preserves 24 lbs - 24 lbs (plus I am making more)
Powd. Fruit Drink 29 lbs - 10 kool aid packages
Jello 25 lbs - none
Salt 39 lb - 6 lbs
Dry Yeast 2 lbs - 2 4oz jars
Baking soda 5 lbs - 3 lbs
Baking powder 5 lbs - 1 lb
Water 70 gallons - 1 gallon (do have own well though)
Canned fruit Any (enhances diet) - 17 cans
Nuts 6 oz packs - 2 packs
Tomato Sauce 10 cans on hand
Canned vegs 15 cans
Trail Mix 6 oz packs - 5
Canned meat 9 (tuna, chicken, spam, salmon)
Soup cans 35
*Plus I have an assortment of gravy mixes, season packets, grits, instant oatmeal, hot sauce, condiments, spices, and about a month worth of meat in the freezer, and about 6 cans of frozen juice
I have children's church during August. We start the worship service by singing, and right as the sermon is set to start I exit the room, and the kids follow me, quietly. We have a small lesson in the foyer of the building, for about 30 minutes.
I have been printing bible lessons with the scripture verse, memory verse, color page and a word find off the internet at http://www.calvarychapel.com/. Today's lesson was on John the Baptist. Last week's memory verse was Luke 2:52 "And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man." My daughter Lauren, and niece Leighann were able to say the verse to me, so I let them pick a prize from my bag.
Normally, we have a book that the church purchased to do children's church, but no one has given it to me yet, so I am doing my own. I am working on the kids looking up the scripture references, taking turns reading the scripture (which they were shocked about) and working on a memory verse this week. The one for this next week is Luke 3:3. I purchase fancy pencils, little notebooks, small dry erase boards and a bunch of little trinkets at the Dollar Tree, hoping to give some incentive to learn the verses.
Decided to clean up today, so that I could do laundry and run into town tomorrow. Finished cleaning up a little for today......and getting ready to make some laundry soap. I really want to take a nap, but can't do that with the kids running around.
Took an inventory of my food storage, and am very dissappointed. I have a LONG way to go before I get a year's worth of food on hand. I have about 21 lbs of flour, which equates to 10 days worth of flour, I guess if I was baking everyday and only used 2.11 lbs a day. The amount recommended for a family of 5 is 773 lbs of flour or wheat for a year. So you can see I have a long way to go.
Here is an inventory of the rest of my food stuff:
ITEM NEEDED ON HAND
Wheat/flour 773lbs needed - 21 lbs on hand
Corn Meal 133 lbs needed - 21 lbs cornmeal
Rolled Oats 173 lbs - 1 lb
Barley 14 lbs - 0
Pasta 150 lbs - 13 lbs
Whole Wheat Flour no recommended amount 5 lbs on hand
Beans 250 lbs - 10 lbs
Dried Soup 35 lbs - one package of dried onion soup mix
Oil 24 qts - 4 qts
Shortening 10 qts - 4 qts
Mayo 5 qts - 1 qt
Salad Dressing 5 qts - 2 qts
P. Butter 5 qts - 2 qts
Dry Milk 70 lbs - 1.5 lbs
Evap Milk 60 12 oz cans - none
Choc Chips 10 lbs - 1 lb
Sugar 196 lbs - 4 lbs
Brown Sugar 15 lbs - 2 lbs
Molasses 5 lbs - 1 lbs
Honey 15 lbs - 1 lb
Corn Syrup 15 lbs - 1 lb
Jam Preserves 24 lbs - 24 lbs (plus I am making more)
Powd. Fruit Drink 29 lbs - 10 kool aid packages
Jello 25 lbs - none
Salt 39 lb - 6 lbs
Dry Yeast 2 lbs - 2 4oz jars
Baking soda 5 lbs - 3 lbs
Baking powder 5 lbs - 1 lb
Water 70 gallons - 1 gallon (do have own well though)
Canned fruit Any (enhances diet) - 17 cans
Nuts 6 oz packs - 2 packs
Tomato Sauce 10 cans on hand
Canned vegs 15 cans
Trail Mix 6 oz packs - 5
Canned meat 9 (tuna, chicken, spam, salmon)
Soup cans 35
*Plus I have an assortment of gravy mixes, season packets, grits, instant oatmeal, hot sauce, condiments, spices, and about a month worth of meat in the freezer, and about 6 cans of frozen juice
No comments:
Post a Comment