Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A Day By The Pool

We left the house early this morning for my sister's house. I met Candi near her house, and she followed me to April's. My sister April has a swimming pool, so we took lunch stuff and headed on over. My sister is a school teacher, and she heads back to get her classroom in order, so it was a good time to spend some time together. All the kids swam, and the moms sat around and talked.

After returning home, I started dinner. I made tacos, and they were really great. Restaurant quality if I do say so myself. Here is how I made them:

1 lb of ground turkey (browned)
2 TBSP flour
1 TBSP of Taco Seasoning (a blend of chili powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper and comino/cumin)
1/4 cup dried or fresh onions (mine are dried from the garden)
1/2 cup water
1 TBSP oil (vegetable or olive oil)

Brown the meat, then stir in the flour, add rest of ingrediets and cook 5 minutes
Use fresh flour tortillas from a local Mexican bakery, or make your own
Chop fresh lettuce, make some salsa using one tomato, one jalapeno, a sprinkle of onion, a sprinkle of cilantro

Place all ingredients on the tortillas add some shredded cheddar and there you go....a great meal!

The tortilla recipe can be found at www.hillbillyhousewife.com

Now it is on to organizing the playroom and my sewing projects.

No comments: