
Today started late....I didn't get out of bed around 9 a.m. I felt so tired still....and everything hurt...even my hair! I made a simple breakfast of fried potatoes with cheese then washed all the dishes.
I picked a large pan full of grapes....making more jelly tonight.
Cleaned the coop out, and put all the old hay on the compost pile. The hen and chicks had the run of the yard, and the chicks were so fun to watch as I kept working in the yard. The picture above reminds me of them.
Buried the eggs that didn't hatch. (I sure hope there are only 1-2 roosters in the group that did hatch)
Used the weedeater on the weeds in the garden. Put hay around the beans and cucumbers. Set up another trellis for the beans to grow up.
Propped up the tomatoes (have more flowers on the plant, so hopefully will get another batch of tomatoes).
Found one large cucumber when picking grapes. There are alot of flowers on the cucumber vines but no more cucumbers...yet.
My Thompson grape is growing good up the trellis. It didn't seem to be doing much until I put the trellis up for it, and now it's growing wild. I might actually get grapes from it next year. We'll see.
We had a large pecan tree that died over the winter, and the local governmental type people have been harassing us to cut it down. The tree removal companies wanted over $400 to take it down (in hindsight this would have been a good idea).
The neighbor helped Rodney to take it down. Everything went great until....the last piece needed to come down. We had a rope tied around it, which was tied to my car, the neighbor Mr. Castro and Taylor were pullling on the rope, and Rodney was using the chain saw....we all began to pull as Rodney cut, and it started to fall our way, but then twisted and fell on the roof!
We have two small holes and several shingles are damaged, probably will cost the same amount to repair as it would have to get a professional to do the tree....go figure...
Now, all we need is a huge thunderstorm for the roof to leak.
I came in to take a cold shower, and am resting in bed as I am beat! I am still redfaced and I think I have a sunburn underneath the heat flush.....
Naptime....
I picked a large pan full of grapes....making more jelly tonight.
Cleaned the coop out, and put all the old hay on the compost pile. The hen and chicks had the run of the yard, and the chicks were so fun to watch as I kept working in the yard. The picture above reminds me of them.
Buried the eggs that didn't hatch. (I sure hope there are only 1-2 roosters in the group that did hatch)
Used the weedeater on the weeds in the garden. Put hay around the beans and cucumbers. Set up another trellis for the beans to grow up.
Propped up the tomatoes (have more flowers on the plant, so hopefully will get another batch of tomatoes).
Found one large cucumber when picking grapes. There are alot of flowers on the cucumber vines but no more cucumbers...yet.
My Thompson grape is growing good up the trellis. It didn't seem to be doing much until I put the trellis up for it, and now it's growing wild. I might actually get grapes from it next year. We'll see.
We had a large pecan tree that died over the winter, and the local governmental type people have been harassing us to cut it down. The tree removal companies wanted over $400 to take it down (in hindsight this would have been a good idea).
The neighbor helped Rodney to take it down. Everything went great until....the last piece needed to come down. We had a rope tied around it, which was tied to my car, the neighbor Mr. Castro and Taylor were pullling on the rope, and Rodney was using the chain saw....we all began to pull as Rodney cut, and it started to fall our way, but then twisted and fell on the roof!
We have two small holes and several shingles are damaged, probably will cost the same amount to repair as it would have to get a professional to do the tree....go figure...
Now, all we need is a huge thunderstorm for the roof to leak.
I came in to take a cold shower, and am resting in bed as I am beat! I am still redfaced and I think I have a sunburn underneath the heat flush.....
Naptime....
No comments:
Post a Comment