Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Tuesday...a spendthrift day


Woke up to another chilly morning. Yesterday was the first day we had to break out the heat. Right now I am sitting by the wood stove keeping warm. We don't have a raging fire going, just a small one to chase the night chill away.

Spent a couple hours at Home Depot this morning checking prices for lumber and such to add on to the house, and finish Taylor's apartment out back.

This evening we went to dinner and then headed over to Lowe's where we picked up the generator. It wasn't the one I really wanted, but it was probably the best choice. I needed one with an electric start instead of a pull one, because of my arthritis. There is a pull start on it too, but I have a really difficult time with those. It is a 5500watt, with a 8500 starting watt, 10 hour running on 5 gallons of gas, quiet, and came with a 2 year residential warranty. We also looked at new pumps for the well, but decided to work with the one we have already to see if we could get it working better. It's fairly new, and hasn't seen a lot of use.

I also purchased a 750 watt inverter today to use with the car. This will enable us to use a light, fan, and the TV/VCR combo, plus a few other things when needed.

Our last trip before heading home was stopping by the Sportsman Outdoor store where I wanted to check out more ammunition. I had purchased a case of shotgun shells last night, along with 4 boxes of 30-30 cartridges, and 3 boxes of 9mm cartridges. Tonight I purchased 500 rounds of .22 LR hollow points. We already have 2 .22s, but I also looked at two other guns tonight that are on my "want" list. I gave in and purchased the Henry Repeater - Golden Boy .22 LR. I am so excited!

I also signed up and am an official Watkins Products Associate, so if anyone would like to order anything from me, please let me know. To check out what is available you can go to http://www.watkinsonline.com/. Don't order from there please, I will let you know when my site is setup, but this will give you an idea of what is available from Watkins. I am really excited about this new venture, as I have always heard of Watkins, and they are over 140 year old company. My friends and family know how I am about history and heritage, so this company makes a perfect fit for me.

1 comment:

Peggy said...

let me know when you have your site set up. I love wakins products. The wakins man use to visit my grandmas once a month and I loved shopping out of the back of his station wagon. After growing up I purchased spices and other products from a wakins dealer in the mountains but since moving here haven't so can't wait to stock up