You know I used to have five pairs of boots, 2 lace ups, and 3 pairs of Ropers. I mean what good is a TEXAN without at least one pair of work boots and another pair of dress boots. But, I can't find even one pair! I wanted to pull them on the other day, and they have all dissappeared. I can't remember giving them away, I don't think I would have done that....I guess I will add a pair to my Wish List.
Today was a busy day. It is our Town Day. We headed into town to the credit union for my son to deposit his paycheck...all $54 dollars of it. He only works 1-2 days per week, and makes $54 a day....which is good for someone with no skills, working at a local greenhouse. The job is perfect for him, and I pray to God he will keep it, or find another similar.
Afterwards, we ate lunch at Chili's. The kids were really good today, and I enjoyed being with them...next on the agenda was heading to Dollar Tree where I picked up a few baby shower things for Candi's baby shower tomorrow, and some odds and ends that I really didn't need.
Game Stop was next on the list, so that I could get DH a gift card for more games. He is hard to shop for, and I don't dare buy him tools or such, because I will ALWAYS get it wrong.
After Game Stop, we stopped at Walmart to buy the groceries for the baby shower, and a few more odds and ends. Our last stop was Starbucks, where we went inside for a "potty stop", I had hot cocoa, and the kid had iced tea and iced lemon pound cake. It was total consumer shopping day at it's best. We arrived home around 3:30 p.m., just in time to pick up the living room, and start a fire in the woodstove (it has been chilly and drizzling all day - yeah!) before DH arrived.
As soon as DH, came in the door he told me "I Am Legend" is showing at the theater at 4:30 and 5:00 p.m. We rarely leave the kids at home without a sitter, as their 18 year old brother needs a sitter himself at times. But we have been waiting to see this movie for awhile. We had Taylor stay in his room and watch his new movie, and the girls watched the Disney Channel in the living room. I rushed to McDonald's to pick up their dinner (yuck! I have McD's and rarely eat there), and we jumped in the truck and headed into town. We watched the movie which was good, but could have been even better, if it had been longer. Stopped by Babies R Us to check on rubber pants for Candi's baby, she hasn't been able to find any. Finally located a couple packs. We then stopped for dinner and headed home.
DH and kids spent the rest of the evening until 11 p.m.! (DH NEVER stays up this late) playing Ghost Recon on the PS2. I washed dishes, and then made the dishes for tomorrow's baby shower. I put together the Pasta Salad, Chicken Salad, and the Southwestern Soup is slowly cooking in the crockpot. I just have to load up the car tomorrow, and stop by the grocery store for a cake. I forgot to order a specific baby shower one, so hope they have one that is appropriate.
I am having a Christmas Party next weekend, and need to get the invitations printed.
Anyone who wants to come, email me and I will give you directions - if I know you that is ;-)
Date: December 23rd (Sunday)
Time: 6 p.m.
Location: My house
Open House style - come and go
Buffet Style
Kids welcome or leave at home, we don't mind, whatever floats your boat
It will be just a time of food, fun, talk, laughter and that's about it...
Off to bed, my eyeballs are about ready to POP out.
No comments:
Post a Comment