Monday, December 10, 2007

New Land

I was a bad girl and didn't go to church Sunday morning. I rarely miss church, but I woke up a little headachey (I think the weather is going to change), and Hannah was sick too. I think it's allergies (runny/stuff nose, puffy eyes, slight cough). Gave her a little Benadryl, and she perked up. My nephew, Blake, stopped by around 8:30 a.m. to talk a little bit.

We drove out after a breakfast of grits and bacon to look at some land. There is 11 acres for sale about 15 minutes from here. The asking price is $43,000. It is pasture land and partly wooded, fenced, but doesn't have any water. We would need to drill a well. The thought is to sell our current home, and to take the equity we have in the house and pay cash for the land, and then pay cash for the two story little cabin that sits in the Lowe's/Home Depot parking lot, then get the whole thing set up to be totally self sufficient. This way, we'd only have to make enough money for a portion of our food. We just started looking, so we will see what God has in mind for us...he may want us to stay right where we are.....

In the afternoon, I went shopping for a birthday present for a friend's 1 year old, and baby stuff for Candi's baby shower (whenever that is)....we might just have it after church one Sunday, before everyone goes home....can't seem to get everyone on the same page.

This evening, I drove over to Candi's to see the new baby. What a cutie! I want a baby! Wah!

Came home and read the last chapter in my Art History text, and took the final exam. I am completely done with that course now. Praise God! I think I have a C in the class, I kind of was unmotivated this semester, and didn't get my usual A. Oh well, at least I passed.

No comments: