Okay, we are actually planning on moving Southeast a little and about 10 miles down the road. We sign the paperwork for the land on Saturday morning, hopefully.
The land is located in BigFoot, not the previous land I was talking about though...that one never panned out. This land appears perfect and made to order.
My requirements were pasture, some trees and a water feature (creek, pond, etc.) Got all three!
Rodney's requirements were close to work, an existing well, and enough land to ride the dirt bike and ATVs on. Has that too!
The bonus is that there is already electricity on the property, is partially fenced, and has a gate.
The land is 10.52 acres and has a small pond/stock tank on the back left corner.
The house I want to put on it looks like this http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=pg&p=2006_landing/Katrina_Cottage/KC_1200.html
I may have to compromise, but we'll see what happens.
Next on the list is to start decluttering, and seeing what I am taking and what I am getting rid of...then to work on getting the house built at the land, list this house, and then move.
My plans are to take the following:
Living room - all
Foyer - hall tree and antique dresser
Dining Room - table and buffet
Kitchen - fridge and pie safe (wah! my new wall oven has to stay!)
Girl's room - beds, hutch
Taylor - bed, chest of drawers
Master BR - bed, wardrobe, hope chest, chest of drawers, sewing machine
Laundry - 1 washer/1 dryer
The house above is 40 X 26 with an 18 X 26 upstairs. My current house is about 40 X 50 with no upstairs space. I think this will be good for us...smaller, downsized, starting fresh. I will totally miss my current house ...it is my dream house, but without the dream land.
So, if any budding homesteader out there is looking to get their feet wet. There is .65 acres with an 1896 Texas farm house coming up for sale soon in South Texas. The asking price is unknow yet, but probably between $125K and $150K. Waiting on an appraisal.....
No comments:
Post a Comment