Thursday, December 6, 2007

Thursday....

The past two days have been busy. Against my better judgement the girls and I drove to Houston on Wednesday. I picked up my candle making supplies from Lunamom, and we then attended the Houston Natural Science Museum. I bought us a yearly membership, as I'd like to go back and look through it a little slower. We rushed through it in 2 hours yesterday. We also went through the "Lucy" exhibit (see www.hmns.org). Pretty interesting, but in no way believable. I am an intelligent design/creation science sort of gal, but I do like old things and reading how the scientific community in general is trying to pull the wool over people's eyes with this "millions of years ago" nonsense. But if you over look that part of the museum, it was great! The gemstone exhibit was one of my favorites. Lauren liked the gems and Lucy. Hannah liked the dinosaurs and the butterflys.

Tonight we (me, Lauren, Hannah and Mary - Candi's daughter) attended The Nutcracker Ballet in town. We got all dressed up "fancy like" LOL, and ate dinner before hand. It was a beautiful night, and the city was decorated with lights. We parked right across the street in the yard of a historic old home that was white and decorated with greenery and red bows for Christmas. It was a little pricey to park, but I knew I'd be tired afterwards and not wanting to walk too far. Smart move, if I do say so myself. (My feet HURT right now. Man, I feel really old.)

The Moscow Classical Ballet Company performed the ballet accompanied by the San Antonio Symphony. It was wonderful, though next time I'd leave Hannah home. She had a little meltdown after intermission, around 9:30 p.m. She was EXTREMELY tired. After dropping Mary at home, we made it home ourselves a little after 11:00 pm. Once I get pictures developed, I will post on here for everyone to see how beautiful the girls looked.

1 comment:

Brea in Texas said...

Amy, just love the gem room at Houston MNS. My best friend used to work there when we were in high school, and we'd go all the time. The butterfly pyramid is great, and the MOFA (fine arts) is wonderful, too. We're planning a family trip in February when John takes vacation and we go visit all our family.

Sorry I didn't get back to you about Candi ... I'm not going to be able to do anything right now. John hurt his back, and has been mostly on the couch when he hasn't been at work. It's been a treat, let me tell you. :)

Glad y'all enjoyed The Nutcracker; it's one of my all-time favs!!

~Brea