Sunday, December 30, 2007

A Day of Rest....

I can actually say today I rested, and I feel wonderful. After church, I headed over to my sister's house to drop off a quilt to my youngest sister. It was on her bed at my dad's house, and she wanted to keep it, but didn't have the suitcase room the last time she was here.

The three of us, along with all five kids went to lunch at Chili's, then headed over to the Marble Slab Creamery for dessert. The ice cream shop "just happened" to be next to Starbucks, so April and I got hot cocoa too, and Ashley got some really nasty passionfruit tea. I tasted it, so can testify it was really nasty. Ashley leaves to go back home tomorrow. She mentioned maybe moving down here after school is over in the Spring. I really hope she will. It would be nice for everyone not to be so scattered over the country. I mean I live about 30 miles outside of S.A., and Ann does too, but the opposite side of S.A., and April lives in S.A. Ashley would probably choose to live near April, though she did mention wanting to build a house out of tires, which would be totally cool. I told her the 10 acres next to me was for sale, but she didn't seeme interested at the time.

I was able to talk to my brother and get some things resolved, and I talked a little to my sister's, probably need more, to resolve things there.... After much prayer and thought, I am letting God guide me in how and when he wants this done.

Today during worship we spent the entire time singing and praying for the persecuted church, and reading news articles from Voice of the Martyrs. It was a very moving worship service, and one of the best I have experienced in a long time.

No comments: