I don't think it matters what language you speak, to a child, Christmas is special. The magic it brings for me is very special too. It doesn't have to do with any gifts that I give my children, but with the gift that God gave the world so long ago, Jesus Christ. I'd like to take this time to thank God for this wonderful gift. I greatly appreciate it.
When I was little I was Mary in a church Christmas play. I remember being very scared. We had a wagon that someone had cut a donkey out of cardboard and painted, and then attached to the wagon. With a box and a sheepskin over the side, and the metal handled wrapped in rope, it looked really cute, as I was pulled across the stage. I also remember having to recite this verse at one time, and it has always stuck with me:
"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, the mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6
A few of the Christmas traditions that I celebrate, due to my love of family, heritage and just plan loving traditions. I have begun saving the tree from the previous year to burn on Christmas Day. My very own Yule log! I also like to make my Grandmother's Cinnamon roll/bread recipe. For some reason no one appreciates and likes it like I did as kid. This year, I just halved the recipe, because no one wants to eat it, they would rather have the cinnamon rolls in a can! The ingrates!
Normally, my family (sisters and brother) get together on Christmas Eve. This year is the first time in 20 years or so that we didn't. We will be getting together tonight, Christmas Night because my youngest sister Ashley is arriving in town early this morning at the airport.
After breakfast, we will open our gifts to each other, the girls are playing with their gifts from Santa. He went kind of crazy this year. It looks like I need to send him an email and ask him to tone it down next year.
Have a Merry Christmas! More news later......
Christmas at Ann's was fast and furious. Everyone seemed tired, and we bugged out around 9 p.m. The food was good, Ann had a really great dish made with those canned croissants, taco meat and cheese, then baked. They were so good! I ate three.
Hannah played the Wii and hit herself in the face while playing the boxing game. It looked like fun.
The gifts I received are listed here (so I won't forget to mail thank you cards):
Beautiful Perfume gift set (Rodney and kids)
Hand weights for arthritis (R and kids)
Candles - 5 (R and Kids)
Three books - (R and Kids)
Stargate DVD - Season one (R and kids)
Sapphire earrings (ditto)
Pressure canner (mom and Randy)
canning supply set (mom and Randy)
2 pictures (mom and Randy)
Shirley Temple DVD, The Little Princess (mom and Randy)
1 gift card (gift card exchange)
I don't know how long we will continue to get together, unless my mom is here, because well, I felt a certain lack of feeling behind this year's "festivities". Only time will tell.
1 comment:
Merry Christmas to all of you.
Love, Bob and Cherie
Post a Comment