of the title below was to make a play on the words "Making Hay while the sun shines". Meaning that I was trying to take advantage of the day to get things done, as well as, mentioning that we planned to bale the hay on the land, to sell. It is a really good quality coastal, that will be good for our animals, as well as, selling. If I can limit our usage to about 2 acres, and leave the rest for the hay, it could be a good crop. Already may have a source for someone to bale it for us on the halves (they get half we get half). Apparently, the available space would yield 450 round bales of hay during the entire season. We have a well and an irrigation system that we can use, so it will be a big plus if we don't get any rain next year.
As Rodney and Shane (shredder guy) was looking over the property they found a little orange tree (about knee high to Rodney). It had four little oranges hanging on it, and a few more on the ground. The recent frost and temps in the 20's have killed it for the year they said, but I was very excited to find an orange tree! I have been wanting one in my backyard to go with the other fruit trees, so now I have an orange tree and no other fruit trees. Need to scout out some fruit trees and brambles to plant in the spring. Thinking about strawberries and peanuts too for crops. We'll see...I definitely want to plant something to sell, to make a little money from the land, but first things first....
shredding (due to a fire right next to us)
fence
sell our house
build house (we are currently looking at this guy at http://www.alcocabins.com/ instead of the Katrina plans, Rodney's idea, as he is backing out on his pledge to build the house himself, and wanting to take the proceeds from the sale of the house to have it done. We are considering the Cedar Lake House on this man's web site)
As Rodney and Shane (shredder guy) was looking over the property they found a little orange tree (about knee high to Rodney). It had four little oranges hanging on it, and a few more on the ground. The recent frost and temps in the 20's have killed it for the year they said, but I was very excited to find an orange tree! I have been wanting one in my backyard to go with the other fruit trees, so now I have an orange tree and no other fruit trees. Need to scout out some fruit trees and brambles to plant in the spring. Thinking about strawberries and peanuts too for crops. We'll see...I definitely want to plant something to sell, to make a little money from the land, but first things first....
shredding (due to a fire right next to us)
fence
sell our house
build house (we are currently looking at this guy at http://www.alcocabins.com/ instead of the Katrina plans, Rodney's idea, as he is backing out on his pledge to build the house himself, and wanting to take the proceeds from the sale of the house to have it done. We are considering the Cedar Lake House on this man's web site)

This is the house Rodney is interested in, I like it too, the cost to build it, which includes what you see, but no interior finish, is roughly $25,000. Rodney will do the rest, or so he says. I just hope we will receive enough for the house to pay for it, if not, I don't know what we will do. If we don't receive a good offer, we will probably stay in the house we have, and wait until property values increase again, which they are projected to do. I absolutely do not want another mortgage payment.
No comments:
Post a Comment