okay, not in the terms of Ruby Ridge and Waco types, but in being prepared for a natural disaster on a small scale, and an economic collapse or worse on the high end scale.
Oh, many in my family probably think I am crazy, but then they will be like those people left stranded after Hurricana Katrina, if and when something does happen....
My sister teases me about my compound, not because I store weapons, I don't, but I am hugely concerned with being able to take care of my family. I am greatly concerned that my husband will lose his job, and what would we do. I am a SAHM now, and very frugal with our money. I have been reading up on food storage, gardening, living without power, water resources, etc., I don't have the land that I'd like, someplace remote and rural, and I don't have the money to prepare like some of these diehard survivalists. So, don't come knocking on my door when the you know what hits the fan.
I learned a valuable lesson from those stranded after Hurricane Katrina, one being don't live where Hurricanes frequent (hint, hint), the second being if you are told the hurricane is three days away, leave then, don't wait (duh!) start walking if you have to....and third, be prepared to take care of yourself DO NOT RELY ON THE GOVERNMENT. IT WILL TAKE THEM FOREVER, AND YOU DON'T WANT THEIR KIND OF HELP. A FEMA CAMP IS NOT FOR YOUR LOVED ONES!
My preparing on a very small scale has come in handy during days without power, times without money for food, gas or clothing.
I'd like to encourage my family and friends to start preparing too, and if you need any advice or help, let me know, I've been reading about this stuff since last August, and implementing on a small scale, so I would be glad to help. If ya'll want to get together and make a plan let me know, I have lots of storage space that's empty, and a place to pitch a tent or build a small cabin for your use.
Some places to help find info are: http://www.wisdomfarms.com/, http://www.homestead.org/, http://www.frugalsquirrels.com/
Happy Prepping!
No comments:
Post a Comment