The insurance adjuster and the representative from the roofing company we have chosen were here this morning to go over the roof together. Apparently, there is hail damage, but there hasn't been hail in our area since we have been with this new company, so they are passing it off to our previous company, which I will have to contact and have them come out also.
The adjuster will be putting in a claim for wind and storm damage to repair the back portion of the roof, but that's it...maybe with what we received before, this new claim if approved, and a little of our own money, we can get the entire roof repaired.
We'll see if I have to get ugly and go the state insurance department or hire a lawyer. One thing for sure is I won't go away quietly.
We are going out to dinner with Rodney's boss tonight, he came in from the corporate office in KY to inspect things this week. I hope no one gets laid off this close to Christmas. That really worries me.
Our nephew is coming over to watch the girls (and Taylor too). If left alone, they fight too much, and Taylor is the worst one, so I need a referee here. We are only going two small towns over to eat a steakhouse, but that will be nice.
I have a pork loin in the crock pot, and bread in the bread machine for the kids dinner tonight. It's nice here, with the fire going, and the house smelling good, now if the kids would stop fussing with each other, it'd be very relaxing.
***************
We had a nice dinner tonight with DH boss. We went to a local steakhouse (I had chicken though). It was nice to eat without the kids. I know that sounds mean, but I didn't have to get up 3 times to take people to the bathroom, or wipe up spills or fight with someone over eating their meal.
Came home to the youngest crying because the three older (nephew and my two kids) wouldn't let her play Monopoly, saying she was too young. I let her play her own way when we play, she's only four, and can't read, but it is about having fun together. The boys just don't get how to soothe a little girl's feelings. So, I gave her ice cream, and cooked a pizza for her, and she is fine. Hanging off her daddy's back, as he plays Monopoly with everyone else. (Just so you know I didn't give her the food to make her stop crying, but because the guys didn't feed her anything.. they forgot!)
The guys had let the fire go out too! It was warmer than outside, but a little chilly sitting here on the computer, so I had to start the fire again.
I sold three books today on Amazon. com, 1 textbook, and two novels, for a total of about $70.00. Pretty good for just sitting at home. I make most of my money selling on Amazon.com, then sewing. Which I admit has been rough for me the last few months since my dad passed away. I lost my "oomph" to do most anything, even clean. I am slowly getting that back, and feel very motivated now to declutter my bedroom, especially since working on the bathroom renovation this past weekend. The painting is done, just need to finish the floor.
**************************
On a more personal note: I was up early this morning to take Taylor to work. Came home and started a fire in the woodstove so the house would be warm when the girls get out of bed (Hannah's still asleep and it's almost 9:30 am. She reminds me of my sister Ann, sleeping so late.)
Have on the agenda to clean some more, declutter, wash clothes, and hopefully make Christmas cookies today. We are on break this month from school work, and will start again the first week of January.
No comments:
Post a Comment