Monday, December 10, 2007

Called the Realtor

Contacted a former colleague of mine who happens to be a Realtor. Asked a bunch of questions about selling our home, what the asking price might be, etc. Trying to determine how much equity we will get out of the home, and what we can afford.

Also talked to the Realtor for the 11 acres we tried to find on Sunday. He gave me "better" directions, and we tried to find it again tonight, with no luck. There weren't ANY signs as to what was for sale.

I am a mixture of excited for the possibility of moving into a small cabin, and being more self sufficient, and leaving my home of 15 years. It is THE perfect home, but on only a 1/2 acre. I really want more land. I am trying not to rush things, and have been praying. I really want to make sure this is something that God wants for us, and something I am not imposing my will as His.

I am torn between purchasing the lot next to us, and fixing up the entire yard into what I want, minus the larger animals. I know it can be done, and I am excited about this prospect also, which my husband says makes me wishy-washy. I don't think so, I am just trying to make the right decision. Sometimes our wants and dreams aren't really what is best for us, and I will be dragging a husband and three children into my dream, and I want to make sure it is the best decision for all of us....this can be stressful.

I have family land in WV, but absolutely NO ONE hear wants to move to WV. If I had my way, I'd sell this house in an instant and move to WV now! But, that isn't going to happen until the kids are gone. I have faced that fact now, though I have been in denial for a year now. This makes me very sad, which I think is what is driving my "itch" for more local land. So, I will allow myself to dream some and make plans, with the hope that someday they will come to pass, if it is God's will for my life. (I'll do my part, and wait on Him, I hope.)

Needed for Land:

to sell current house for money to buy land
cabin (from lowe's or home depot)
septic system/outhouse
electrical system (generator/solar/electric)
well
barn

To sell house:

paint outside eaves
roof repair
clean up yard
split and stack wood, make neat wood pile
replant front flower beds
finish dining room
finish bedroom

That's all I can think of now.

No comments: