
I told some other people today that I was thankful for not being as sick as others in my family. The stomach virus is going around my family. While I didn't feel well today, I was in much better shape, so I could help Rodney and the girls. The girls are up and around now, but their dad is passed out on the couch. He seems to be much worse. I surmise it is because of his poor diet. He won't eat healthy, take vitamins, exercise or anything related. I did get him to eat some chicken soup today (which he hates), drink some sprite, electrolytes, take a vitamin and some vitamin C. He perked up a little, but is sleeping now. At least the vomiting and "other" has stopped.
The girls and I eat healthier, more fruits, fruit juices, vitamins, herbal meds, exercise, fresh air and such.
Around lunch time, he was feeling well enough to go check the well at the land. The electricity was turned on out there yesterday. As soon as he flipped the breaker, the pump turned on and water started rushing down the irrigation pipe to the pond. We walked over there and sat for an hour talking while the girls played in the increasing water at the shallow end. There was a mound of tadpoles buried in the mud at that end of the hog wallow, but they are now swimming busily all over. The pond has water in it, but the shallow end had dried up to thick clayey mud. The girls got their muck boots stuck, and Lauren had to pull Hannah's foot free.
They spent the time floating leaves down the stream of water, and stomping into the mud until the water got above their boot tops. We then laid down on a sweater listening to the sound of the water rushing down the hill, the wind blowing the prairie grass, the sound of the frogs peeping and the flock of cardinals and other land and water birds chattering away.
We came back home, and the girls are playing on the computer, and Rodney is sleeping.
The fire has burned out and my feet are cold. Supposed to get down to 39 tonight, which is up from 22 degrees last night. I forgot to bring my poinsettias in last night and they are black in places this morning.
The girls and I eat healthier, more fruits, fruit juices, vitamins, herbal meds, exercise, fresh air and such.
Around lunch time, he was feeling well enough to go check the well at the land. The electricity was turned on out there yesterday. As soon as he flipped the breaker, the pump turned on and water started rushing down the irrigation pipe to the pond. We walked over there and sat for an hour talking while the girls played in the increasing water at the shallow end. There was a mound of tadpoles buried in the mud at that end of the hog wallow, but they are now swimming busily all over. The pond has water in it, but the shallow end had dried up to thick clayey mud. The girls got their muck boots stuck, and Lauren had to pull Hannah's foot free.
They spent the time floating leaves down the stream of water, and stomping into the mud until the water got above their boot tops. We then laid down on a sweater listening to the sound of the water rushing down the hill, the wind blowing the prairie grass, the sound of the frogs peeping and the flock of cardinals and other land and water birds chattering away.
We came back home, and the girls are playing on the computer, and Rodney is sleeping.
The fire has burned out and my feet are cold. Supposed to get down to 39 tonight, which is up from 22 degrees last night. I forgot to bring my poinsettias in last night and they are black in places this morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment