Well the laundry room is done, Rodney also fixed the wood around the door frame, and fixed it so the back door closed without slamming it. Now, why couldn't he do that when we have been living here the past 15 years, I'll never know. LOL!
Made a run into town today to the credit union. I am getting really worried with all the banking woes, and the poor housing sales. Trying to leave it in God's hands and concentrate on other matters, but it's hard.
Purchased a few more rubber maid storage containers to keep on with the packing. I want to list the house by the end of February, and need to get going so the Realtor can stop by.
We cancelled the order on the storage building, Rodney was disgusted when he found out that it didn't come with everything pictured online. False advertising he claims, which I guess is true, I am just dissappointed, because it will take longer to get something built now. He called around and found a concrete company to come out and pour a slab, which is what he want as opposed to a wooden decking type of flooring.
Next on the list of repairs is: refinishing the dining room floor, cleaning up the yard, and replacing some rotted boards around the sides. Lastly, we will paint everything to give it a fresh look.
Took Taylor to college tonight, and by the time I got back home, he was done. His class is supposed to get out at 10 pm, but the instructor let them go at 7:30 instead. Man, I could have waited at the school and saved the gas if I had known.
Now, we are sitting around the fire (Rodney is in bed) trying to keep warm. Lauren is on the other computer playing games (though at almost 11pm, she needs to go to bed). Hannah and Muffin are asleep on the couch.
I just did our preliminary taxes, and while we won't have to pay, so far, we won't be getting much back. I always have the least taken out of his paychecks to help us through the year, but I sure do miss those high tax refunds.
Time for bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment