My daddy....he passed away late Sunday evening at the age of 59. This was very unexpected. He left my home at 8 pm, and stopped to help a family who was involved in an accident. While helping them another vehicle had a blowout, struck the guardrail, which then broke off and killed my poor little daddy.
I am so glad that he showed up unexpectedly Sunday evening. We went to dinner for his birthday which had been on Thursday. We talked that evening about finishing his will, and what he wanted....which kind of was creeping me out. He told me he wanted to be cremated, which further made me cringe, as I have a hard time with cremation.
My sisters, Ann and April came over today and we spent the time talking, making plans and contacting the necessary people. My brother flew in from the army base in Louisiana. My mom and youngest sister will fly in Tuesday night, while my dad's sisters and mom will come in from Maryland and West Virginia.
Trying to decide what to do with the contents of the house....a very daunting task.
I have an appointment with the funeral director here in town in the morning to sign the release papers for them to handle the arrangements, etc. Then off to pick up my dad's car from the police station, and to start cleaning his house, as our out of town guests will be staying there....
My poor little daddy......
8 comments:
My prayers are with you and your family Amy.
God how my heart goes out to you. I am thankful you had that last visit with him. I wish I knew the words to say that would help. I don't. Love you and will pray.
Here from Peggy's.
My heart goes out to you Amy. I am so glad you got to see him, & spend that time with him.
Losing a parent always hurts far more than you ever thought possible.
Hugs from Australia. ((((0))))
I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers are for all of you.
Dear Amy - what a tragic thing to happen, and to a man with plenty of years and life left. I'm glad you had that last evening together, and I hope that once the shock and grief ease a little you will be able to remember your Dad through your happy memories.
I'm here from Peggy's to let you know you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.
I dropped in from Peggys and wanted to let you know how sorry I am to hear of your loss. My daddy passed away from a short illness 2 and a half years ago and I miss him so much. I know how hard this must be for you. I just wanted you to know someone cares.
I was at Peggy and heard about your lost of your dad.
Post a Comment