Only 12 more shopping days left. I have a couple of items for the girls to get, plus our gift exchange items for my family. I will probably do the family ones tomorrow, and leave the ones for the girls when I can shop alone. I'm hoping to get Hannah a new bike. She learned how to ride a two wheeler this summer and her previous bike is way too small, more of for a toddler. I don't really know what else to get Lauren. I had told them they could have three gifts each only, but have a little bit of money left so I thought I'd get a couple more items, while I can.
After running all over town this morning looking for stove pipe for the wood stove for the cabin, I located it only a couple of miles from me at a feed store. Rodney finished installing it tonight, and we lit a fire in it. Boy did it stink! Rodney had re-painted it, and the heat was burning the paint off, and it was horrible. It warmed up really nice in there, but we couldn't stay in the cabin too long because we couldn't breather, and our eyes burned. We will need to burn it for several more days, so that it will be okay by New Year's Eve when we will have company.
Rodney is going to work on a gate for Bonita, so we stopped by this evening so that he could measure the area. He is now working on the drawings and estimate to complete.
I need to get with Bonita to see if she would like to go to the "Bread Store" next week. This is where I buy my bulk wheat, etc., and she indicated an interest.
She is also letting me use the infant car seat that her son used 2 years ago, in addition to having a few baby boy items. I only have baby girl items, and gave most of my things that were in good shape to Candi for her little girl last year.
I have been making myself complete at least two rows of my baby afghan every day. I really hope to be finished by the time the baby is born. Lauren and I are supposed to get busy hemming the flannel baby blankets, and I'd like to get help with a baby bonnet, or just have the lady at church, Kim, make it for me. She is really fast!
Other than the carseat, I am good to go, and have everything washed, folded and ready. I wish time would pass faster, as I am getting anxious, tired, and tired of the pain I am in.
No comments:
Post a Comment