Well, it's Saturday, and I have been pretty much resting all week, as much as I could anyway.
Yesterday, my mom and sisters took me shopping to get a couple of things for the baby, or so I thought. They were mad women, buying out the store. I thought we were only getting some onesies and/or blankets, but oh no, they wouldn't listen to me. I have clothes, sheets, blankets, breast pump, stroller, swing and lots of other stuff too. It's just crazy. They were really nice, and my mom was evidently worried the baby would freeze to death in our "unheated" house. I don't think she's been here when it's been cold with the wood stove going, so she doesn't realize how hot it can get in here. LOL!
We went to lunch too, and then went to a Spa where my mom and April were getting facials. Ann and I were going to get our hair washed and a scalp massage, but everyone decided I needed the pre natal massage. I was little frustrated after they spent so much money on the baby, and the massage was just more money that they spent, but I was getting too tired to argue with them much. I hope they enjoy that, because once I have the baby, I plan to be my normal feisty self. ;-)
I felt a little more energetic this morning, and have picked up, if not deep cleaned the foyer. I even swept. I did most of the living room, but the floor needs to be vacuumed, and my vacuum is clogged up. I will need to wait for Rodney to do that when he comes home, as he appears to have all the screw drivers with him. He got a bunch of tools for Christmas, and one of those truck tool boxes, so I think he put everything in the tool box.
Next on the list, after I rest here for a few minutes and drink some water, is to make laundry soap, and get some laundry going, it's getting crazy. Dishes need to be done too, and I want to sweep and mop the dining room floors. I don't think I'll make it much past those, if I even get to them. I am hoping Lauren will be cooperative and clean her room this afternoon, as well as, pickup the hallway and the bathroom. I'm going to ask Rodney if he'll help me clean the bedroom. Then I'll go to bed.
A friend from Kentucky is coming down, hopefully next week. She's in Texas already visiting family, but called this morning to see if I was up to company. I am so excited!
The days is turning out kind of nice, windy but nice. The sun has come out for a few moments, and there is a little chill in the air. I've been sweating most of the morning so the breeze is very welcome.
Well, my rest is over, I need to get busy, before I fizzle out altogether and just give up.
Have a great weekend!
****************
I forgot to put down what I received for Christmas:
bath stuff and slippers from the girls and Rodney
a neckland and earrings from Taylor
a cast iron waffle iron
a framed Thomas Kincade picture of a country scene
AND the Wonder Wash! I am so excited! Of course, everyone made fun of me, but I don't care. Now, I just need to use it. I plan to take it to the land, and leave in there, as well as, the waffle iron.
*******
So far, I have washed about two dish drainers full of dishes, dried one and put it away, bagged up two large sacks of trash, made 5 gallons of laundry soap, wiped off the counters, swept and mopped the kitchen floor, swept and mopped the laundry room floor, and done two loads of laundry. Taking another rest to eat a banana and drink some o.j. I still would like to sweep and mop the dining room floor, make my bed at least, and get the living room vacuumed later on this evening. I am feeling some contractions and burning feeling, so I thought I'd rest for a bit, though having the baby today wouldn't be too bad, we'd at least get the tax deduction for 2008 ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment