Saturday, December 13, 2008

I'm tired...

I'm tired and feel like crying and complaining at the same time. So, of course in this mood I shouldn't have been reading the news. I found this link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081213/ap_on_re_us/ice_storm

and it just boggles the mind why people who live in areas that get this kind of cold weather EVERY year need any help from the government or the need for a shelter. I mean wouldn't you PREPARE for this kind of weather. Have an alternate heat source (propane heater, wood stove, etc.), food, water, etc.?

For goodness sake where are their common sense? I live in TEXAS, where it doesn't get cold often, and I have a wood stove. Gee whiz! When people live somewhere like, I don't know New Hampshire, Montana, Alaska, wouldn't you have appropriate supplies? I mean I have even heard of people who live in these states who get in their cars in the dead of Winter WITHOUT a jacket because they have a heater in the car. What happens if they end up in a ditch? or their car stops for some reason? They are going to freeze thats what....I guess this is one way of decreasing the population through survival of the fittest. What a bunch of pansies!

(okay, tirade over, I am going to eat and take a bath, and maybe I will feel better.)

No comments: