Sunday, December 28, 2008

Preliminary Menu for New Year's Eve

We are having a New Year's get together at the land on Wednesday (New Year's Eve).

Here is my preliminary menu:

Cocoa/Hot Tea/Iced Tea/Coffee/Water/Sodas/Ice
*Sugar and Creamer

Southwest Soup-MAKE IN A.M.
French Bread-DONE
Butter-DONE
Veggie Tray (Ranch Dressing and Dips)
Chips and Salsa-DONE
Desserts - DONE
Cheese - DONE (NEED TO OPEN AND SLICE)
Crackers- DONE
Fruit Tray - DONE
Sandwich Tray - ORDERED, PU ON WED

I need to take the following items too:

tablecloth-DONE
lamps-TAKE END LAMP
movies
blankets
warm clothes
coats
breakfast food (oatmeal, grits, sugar, salt, butter, bacon, toast, o.j.)
frying pan
tea kettle
pot
spatula
ladle
bowls-DONE
spoons, forks, knives-DONE
plates-DONE
napkins-DONE
cups-DONE
hot drink cups-DONE
candles-DONE
roaster
crock pot
bleach-DONE
rags
soap-DONE
water-DONE
coffee pot-DONE
curtain tie backs
both water jugs
ice chest

I want to have hot water available for hot drinks, plus the roaster and crock pot to keep the food warm. Rodney is bringing extension cords so that I can plug into the electric pole, and have electricity in the cabin for lights, and the food warmers. Plus, I can plug in the small refrigerator.

Tomorrow I'd like to go out and get the porch set up, re-arrange the cabin, and light a fire in the stove to help get the "new paint" smell to dissipate. I'll save the actual dusting and cleaning for the day of the party, because it will just get dusty again.

I wish I could have gotten the floor painted, it would make it nicer.

No comments: