Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Another Day of Cold Weather

Wow, it's turning out that we actually ARE having a Winter after all. We usually are not that cold by this time, but it's been so cold the past few weeks that our massive wood pile, has dwindled down to only a few days worth. We will have to get out and cut more wood this weekend. I hope Rodney isn't working, or we are going to be COLD. In addition, with only 7 weeks to go until the baby is due, I am not really looking forward to helping with the wood. This baby is so heavy, all I want to do is sit or lay down so that it doesn't hurt, which happens every time I walk, or turn over in the bed. It's so strange, that with this being the fourth baby, and having virtually NO stretch marks, that I get them with this fourth one, which is the biggest baby so far, at least by the size of my stomach. No idea about weight until he's here. But I didn't look pregnant at all with the first two, and only a little bit when I was due with Hannah, but I showed early with this one which made me think I was having twins. But the doctor said no, it's only one big, fat, baby boy.

We picked up Hannah's new baby bunny this morning. A New Zealand white with blue eyes, five weeks old, and that Hannah has named Isabella. They are fighting over who gets to hold it, though it is Hannah's rabbit. I talked to the breeder's husband for a bit, and found out that they heat their house with wood too! I don't meet many people who do that, and normally when I talk about it I get "strange" looks. He told me that until this year they heated with propane, but due to the high cost of propane this year, they have a box wood stove. I wish we had ours still connected in the house, I am convinced that it heats better than the one we have now.

Back to the girls fighting over the rabbit. Lauren, at 11 years old, doesn't know how to share very well. This ugly trait has been rearing it's head lately, and it will have to be addressed. Since I have been pregnant she is very grumpy, and keeps telling Hannah that I won't love her anymore once the baby is here. And that I love Hannah more than her....none of this is true, and I have told her that, but Lauren keeps insisting that is true, and wants to spend more time with her dad because she is convinced that I don't love her anymore. I don't know if this stubbornness and moodiness is a sign that puberty is on it's way, or that Lauren is being more of a brat than normal.

The girls and I went out to feed the animals already, so that's done. The low tonight is supposed to be 39, and I didn't want to be out there when it was getting dark.

I've finished wrapping all the presents that I have for the girls, there are a couple that haven't come in yet. I still need to get Taylor's. I want to get him a Carthart jacket with a hood, and either money or a Walmart card so that he can get the things that he needs. Since he doesn't live here anymore, I am not really aware of anything, other than a coat that he requires.

We are having soup and grilled cheese for dinner tonight. I wish I had some tomato soup here, but I have my cases of tomato soup at the cabin.

I am almost finished with the baby afghan that I am crocheting. I can tell I didn't pay attention because it's about 60 inches long, and will only be 27 inches wide. But it'll be warm, if not too pretty.

No comments: