Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy December!


Hannah's Nursery, then her bedroom, then the playroom, and now James' Nursery

Wow! it's the first of December already. Where has the time gone? Today was a pretty busy day, once I decided to roll out of bed. The girls did their school work this morning, we then started cleaning, leaving to go to the library and return our books and get new ones. We came back home, and finished picking up.

We had to go out to the land today to feed the animals. I had anticipated staying out there longer, as I was under the impression that Rodney was going to install the wood stove in the cabin. But while he purchased the parts today (a couple of elbows and another section of pipe) he didn't put them in, as HIS plans had changed to work in the garage with Blake on a contract that he had recently received. I was a little irritated as I hadn't planned anything for dinner, thinking I'd pick some thing up and we'd eat at the land. Plus, I have a list of things that I need done, but they keep getting put to the side as non-important, when Blake shows up with a project or wanting to go to the movies. I am starting to get really upset. If I weren't pregnant,
I 'd do them myself. I think tomorrow I will call a plumber and an electricians because I am really tried of not being able to use my oven, or having hot water in the kitchen. Apparently, I am the only one who thinks these things are important. Especially, as no one is going to want to buy a house if these two items aren't working. Okay, that rant is over for now ;-)

The girls and I spent some time this evening opening all the "onesies" packages, taking tags off of clothing, and the baby blankets out of the packages. I have them in the washer now, and have already washed and folded five dozen diapers. The diapers are now clean and ready for use, stacked neatly on the shelves in the nursery. I have a little over 9 weeks to go, and am trying to get the house squared away, in case I have the baby early, which has been known to happen in the past. My next project is to get the kitchen totally clean, buy paper plates, cups, etc., and put a few frozen casseroles in the freezer for when I have the baby, though knowing Rodney he won't heat them up, he'd rather spend the money out to eat, then heat something to eat (rolling my eyes here) ;-) Actually, he'd rather starve then go out and get something to eat, he much prefers the "maid" to get his food for him. But the maid is currently on strike ;-)

The temperature is supposed to be 39 tonight, and it feels it already. We have the fire going, and it has the house nicely warm. Rodney had to go out to the land, and dig through all the stuff in there to get the kerosene/diesel heater we bought last year on clearance. It was normally over $100.00 but we got it on clearance for $45.00. He's never used it, but we wanted another heat source "just in case". So, now he is using it out in the garage while they are working on their project.

Have a great evening everyone!

No comments: