The kids are playing the Narnia game on the Play station, while we try to keep warm by the fire. We need to leave soon though to go take care of the animals at the land. It is really cold and 35 now. Rodney is going to be very miserable when he gets home after working out in the cold all day. When he is miserable, then he's grouchy and it affects everyone else. I am so not looking forward to it....
Tomorrow I have my doctor's appointment, and then I want to make cookies with the girls.
*************************************
Today in church the pastor had us share our favorite Christmas memories, especially of gifts we received as children. The idea behind it was so that could experience the joy of it, and to think about what would bring God the same kind of joy. What could we give him or do for him that would put the joy in his heart and on his face.
In Micah 6 we learn what the Lord requires of us.
6 What can we bring to the L
What kind of offerings should we give him?
Should we bow before God
with offerings of yearling calves?
7 Should we offer him thousands of rams
and ten thousand rivers of olive oil?
Should we sacrifice our firstborn children
to pay for our sins?
8 No, O people, the L
and this is what he requires of you:
to do what is right, to love mercy,
and to walk humbly with your God.
In the book of Matthew 2 we learn that the Magi brought Christ gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh, but prior to their giving of the gifts, the first thing that they did was to bow down and worship Christ.
These verses remind me that my primary responsibility is to worship the Lord, and that requires me to do what is right, especially regarding people. People are important to the Lord, so show them mercy, and learn to walk humbly.
I have thought I had been showing people mercy and compassion, and trying to teach them what God wants them to do and how to be, but evidently others don't see it that way. The only thing I can work on is to try and show people MORE mercy in their ignorance, and to work on being humble. I don't consider myself overly proud, but I have heard if you think you are humble you aren't ;-) I've never actually considered being humble, but since the Lord requires it of me, I'll work on that area too.
No comments:
Post a Comment