Monday, December 15, 2008

The Start of A New Week

Whew! very chilly here this morning. Yesterday's forecast said it would be in the high 70's today with possible thunderstorms. It is misty this morning and 40! With only a high of 52. With the wind blowing outside this morning, it's VERY cold out there....I went to let the dog out to potty, and she turned right around and came back inside, and sat by the heat. Right now she is just about on top of it, and in danger of catching fire, but if you try to move her she growls, and will move right back. She's so grumpy when she is cold. Hopefully, she won't singe her fur this time, that really stinks when she does it.

We are off to the credit union, and to pick up Hannah's baby bunny that is ready to leave it's mom.

I managed to get the playroom/nursery in some kind of shape. I threw away lots of trash, put everything neatly on the shelves, and put the crib in the closet. I know that sounds bad, but with the doors open, it will be fine. The girls have a double bed in there also, so when it's cold, I can have all three kids sleep in there with the small heater, and they will be warm. I had the crib next to the bed, but the room gets so cold at night, I was worried the baby would get sick. So he's sleeping in the closet. This will allow me to close the nursery door partially in order to keep the heat in there....The room is about 8 X 8, so it's cramped in there, but since they only sleep in there right now, and aren't playing, it'll work.

I also started packing my bag for the hospital, but need a few toiletries in there as well as, getting a nightgown for the hospital. Next on my list for this afternoon, is to wash dishes, clean kitchen, finish the laundry, and HOPEFULLY get the refrigerator cleaned out.

After that, I'd like to get all the laundry folded and the bathroom cleaned, but that will be for another day. I am hoping to get someone to come help me clean the tub, as I can't reach over the side. I may ask April, but I know she won't want to come do it for me, but I'll ask anyway. Or maybe I'll ask Rodney??? I think I can scrub the floor, but the tub's side gets in the way of my stomach.

We are officially on Christmas break for school. It's a little early, but I have several things I need to accomplish before then, so it's time.

******************
Well, we are back home. We went to the credit union, had lunch at Chick Fil A, went to check on renewing my driver's license early and then came home. We weren't able to get the bunny as the breeder had an emergency this a.m., and wasn't able to drop it off. We'll try again tomorrow. We went to the grocery store, where of course I spent more money than I had planned, but the thought of waiting closer to Christmas to get my supplies for my Christmas meal (primarily the ham) kind of scared me. The lines are alway so long the more I wait.

Well it's after 2 p.m., and it's only reached 43 degrees, so more than likely we won't reach today's high. I have the fire started in the wood stove, so the house should warm up soon. It's way warmer than outside, but still quite chilly once you sit in here awhile.

I just wanted to post here something strange that happened at the grocery store.. Lauren said there was a lady walking around our, and she stopped right in front of our car and wrote our license plate down. Lauren showed me which car she got into so I am going to list her car description here and license plate number. I don't have her physical description, but just in case my house gets robbed or something, I want the information to give out to someone later.

It was an old car. Couldn't see a type (Cheverolet, Ford, etc.) It was dull white, with gray primer on the roof. It reminds me of an LTD, but not sure of my car names. The license plate number is L18 YKR, Texas. So, if anyone hears of my being robbed, killed, etc., this is my first suspect ;-)

Well, I am off to clean the kitchen and get my chili started for dinner. It seemed a good day for chili. I was going to make cornbread, but they grocery store had fresh french bread, so we'll have that instead.

Have a good night, and stay warm.

No comments: