I am the first one to admit that I have an opinion on almost any topic. I was called condescending by a poster for my comment on those living in the Northeast, and that they didn't need my compassion. Well, okay. But just because someone doesn't agree with my observations, or it gives them a little twinge of guilt because they know that the observation is spot on, doesn't mean the observation is incorrect.
All my frustration with people's stupidity is just increasing on a daily basis, it could be hormonal, I'll see after I have the baby.
This person also had the laughable excuse of that the weather they are having is a once in a life time event! Yeah right! It snows and gets cold every year, is this news to anyone? Is the fact that winter comes, followed by the spring a shocker?
This person also told me that he didn't appreciate my comments since I didn't live in the area and don't know what people go through getting ready every year. Well, I don't care if he doesn't appreciate it, because well I don't appreciate my tax dollars going to fund people's stupidity whether they keep re-building in a hurricane area, or have their homes destroyed by a snow/ice storm. It is not my responsibility or other Americans responsibility to fund their lifestyles. And evidently the people actually prepared are few and far between. I only assume that these people haven't been taught any better and don't know what they should and shouldn't do.
I believe in helping those deserving directly. I believe in giving to churches that help others, I don't believe in socialistic, entitlement programs that give everyone with their hand out a new roof, a new home or such. People need to take responsibility for themselves first, and then seek help from friends, families and their church. Not the government. Our taxes are high enough, and this country in enough of a mess financially, that we don't have the time to bailout another disaster area just because of a snow/ice storm.
I know people in Minnesota and Alaska who REALLY live in snow country who heat their homes with a wood stove and thrive. So, this poster telling me that a wood stove wouldn't provide adequate heat is hogwash. It's fairly obvious he has never used one. The areas these people live in need to start educating people how to survive a winter, because too many people are relying on government handouts to take care of them....
So, I am coming across condescending?? I don't really care. Just prove me wrong, and start taking care of yourself first, and stop relying on the government and others to do it for you. Use that New England fortitude and American spirit of independence.
No comments:
Post a Comment