I have such plans, but lack the motivation to get things done. Blech!
I have my sisters two children with me for a couple of days. It has been okay, with a few touchy moments. The girl child is a tad bossy (which no one likes, except her) and the boy child is a tad whiney and a tale bearer (which no one likes). It is pretty difficult meshing two households with different rules. I am very strict, and expect certain things, and of course my niece and nephew don't know these things. Makes me feel very mean to have to correct them, or put the little boy in timeout. But...I absolutely cannot put up with him hitting my 4 year old. Yeah, she can be a tad annoying, but he doesn't just smack her, he PUNCHES. I have made him stay by me most of the time he has been here (I read this in "Raising Godly Tomatoes", it's called staking.) Since I obviously can't trust him to behave out of my sight, he has been near me the entire time. It is freaking him out. (insert evil laughter here....Mwaaahh!)
I am driving the dually for a few days since it has enough seats for six people. The PT crusier only had room for five. I left the headlights on in it this morning, and the battery died. I had to call the DH to come give me a jump so I can pick our "man child" up from college.
I made spaghetti and meatballs for dinner, and we went to DQ for ice cream. I also printed out Thanksgiving color sheets for the kids to work on, they colored for about an hour, which kept them out of trouble. At 7 pm we headed out to DQ, then I had everyone get ready for bed and lay down to read or watch TV around 8:30 pm. I am not an advocate of such early bed times because I normally have a lot to do, but with two extra kids, and a yappy dog (she doesn't like strangers) I haven't been able to work on the laundry (the dog sleeps in the laundry room and is currently locked up in there...)...the clothes are piling up fast!
Tomorrow is baking day, and I have plans to make a pumpkin pie, a pecan pie and a spice cake. I need to take the turkey out of the freezer to start unthawing too.
The weather is a little cloudy, with rain off and on...I like it!
No comments:
Post a Comment