I just love finding others on the Internet that are in total sync with me. I couldn't have said it better myself....so here ya go.....another article on homeschooling for all those naysayers who give me a hard time.
I homeschool because my children were being failed by the school system-their grades, test scores and reading levels were insanely low-after homeschooling for ONE YEAR, they were brought up to 2 grade levels ABOVE their actual grade level.I homeschool because school violence is no joke where we live . Every day there is some type of violent act, most involving some type of weapon. Even where we live (a pretty nice, "rich" area) the drug problem in out of control. Call me crazy, but I have always been under the impression that we are supposed to protect our kids from, oh I dunno..being KILLED.I homeschool because I am able to provide my kids with more healthy and real-world based socialization activities-rather than have false socialization (sitting in a room with 30 other kids exactly the same age learning exactly the same thing), my kids are in the real world each day-volunteering with The Fire Station, the Civil Air Patrol, the Library, our church groups. Because my kids aren't bogged down with 8 wasted hours of "school" a day (seriously, do you know how much time class changes, answering "trouble-maker/ not-so-smart Johnny's" questions, transportation, movie watching and all the other non-education things that happen at school wastes?), they are have less anxiety and can more happily participate in becoming well rounded members of society.I homeschool because NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE cares about my kids and their success the way I do, and no teacher is going to go the distance to see them succeed that I will go.I homeschool because I can customize my kids learning....we can advance when they just 'get' something, and take more time when a concept is flying over their heads. No homeschooled child is EVER left behind. If something is boring to them, I can almost ALWAYS turn it into a field trip to ignite a spark of interest in them. My kids LOVE learning because of that. My kids aren't being taught political opinions as FACT either, as I was taught in public school.I homeschool because I have time to make sure my kids are getting what they need. With a teacher, your kid gets whatever is leftover from the 20-30 other kids in that class. When I teach my child, it is like having a private tutor...one-on-one attention ALL the time.I homeschool because even though some people may have earned a DEGREE, that does NOT make them good or well suited to teaching. Having a piece of paper does NOT make you good at something.In short.......I homeschool, because I can do it better than public school. And for anyone who disagrees, the proof is in the pudding-their test scores ALONE prove how good homeschool is, not to mention their higher self-esteem levels
No comments:
Post a Comment