Spent the day with Candi sewing receiving blankets for her new arrival. She is due in 8 days. I had a large supply of flannel, so we cut one yard pieces and hemmed the edges. Actually I ironed all the edges and pinned and Candi sewed the seams. She is learning how to sew more, and did a wonderful job. We finished 6 receiving blankets in four hours. We will sew 7 more on Wednesday.
My nephew had an accident last night and was taken to the hospital for head trauma. He has a slight cut and a concussion, but otherwise is doing fine. Thanks to everyone for their prayers it was really appreciated.
Please keep my friend Perla in prayer. Her father was diagnosed on the 16th with lung cancer that has spread to his adrenal gland, and possibly his brain. He underwent his first chemo treatment today. Please pray as she and siblings deal with this tragic news regarding their father.
My daughter's 10 year old friend came over tonight to spend a couple of hours with her. I gave them dinner, they played video games, Candy Land and jumped on the trampoline. They seemed to be enjoying themselves. They were a little bummed out when it was time to take her home at 8 p.m., but her friend goes to public school and has to catch the bus really early.
Man, the fire has burned out...good thing we are heading off to bed. It is supposed to get in the 40's tonight. I would love to get up and clean the kitchen, but I think I am coming down with a slight cold. I have body aches, and a headache. I took too aspirins and am drinking some Echinacea tea with lemon.
1 comment:
Amy, Watch for personality changes in your nephew. TBI (traumatic brain injury) is often undiagnosed as it is an unseen injury. If unusual behavior is noticed make sure the doctor is told. I have lots of resources on this if needed
Post a Comment