Well, I am totally off on my schedule....still. I used to be so proud of my schedule. What is that saying "Pride goeth before a fall"? If so, it is so true! I have only done two loads of laundry, and it is 9 p.m.! This morning, I was up early dropping the boy child off at college around 8:30 a.m., then heading to the bank to deposit the tithe checks, my credit union to deposit my checks for Watkins orders, and to do some other banking business.
I then headed over to Starbucks to meet my life insurance representative to sign some papers to increase our life insurance coverage. I feel better now, and much more ready to meet any life's hurdles that come at me.
The girls had a dental appointment at the local Mobile dental clinic. Yes, I said mobile! I just love that mobile clinic. Hannah, at 4 years old, had her first appointment today. No cavities! Yeah! She had her teeth cleaned, and sealants added. She did great! Lauren had one little tiny cavity, which they drilled, filled, then cleaned and sealed her teeth. Both done in an hour! I was so happy!
We then headed over to a neighbor's to check on "our daddy". He was taking down an aluminum and purling barn that we purchased from the neighbor. He is moving, and not taking it with him. We will be putting it up in the backyard to use for the chickens, goats, and a place to put the car in a storm. We took daddy and papa lunch, and then headed for the library and then the post office. We arrived home around 2 p.m. where Lauren started her schoolwork for the day. She just started On the Banks of Plum Creek this afternoon, and finished all the discussion questions for the three chapters she was assigned to read. (I'd like to add, I just asked her to read, she wanted to do the questions, which she finished around 9pm tonight. She often does "extra" stuff on her own time, which I find strange, and yet makes me proud of her.)
That is about all she was able to work on today, due to our appointments and such.
Tomorrow she will take her schoolwork to Candi's, as Candi will be watching the girls as I head to my own doctor's appointment. Having a few health problems lately that need some attention.
I also need to pay attention to my own schoolwork, as I missed an assignment that was due last week, and I have a few due this week. The end of the semester is coming up fast, and I have a couple of projects to get busy on.
*I just wanted to put a plug in for the Whitley Mobile Dental Clinic. They are great, as they travel to different schools, and communities to provide low cost dental services. They take Medicaid, CHIPs, and private insurance too. If anyone is interested in making an appointment, or checking to see if they will be in your area (Texas) you can contact them at 210-393-1287.
Here's a link to an article about the Mobile Dental Clinic http://www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/stories/2007/07/30/focus2.html?ana=from_rss
No comments:
Post a Comment