Thursday, November 15, 2007

Chilly Day

Last night the wind was crazy! Pecans were falling off the tree and pinging off the window in the dining room. All night, all I could hear was the wind roaring. Woke up to a chilly room, and didn't get out of bed until after 10:00 am! Yes, I said 10! I was too cold to get out of the bed...finally did get up and get a fire started in the wood stove. The dog wouldn't even come out of the laundry room, where she sleeps at night. She was buried under her blanket, and when I called her, she looked out and stayed there.

Took Taylor to his golf class, and then headed to Walmart where we picked up several board games: Scrabble, Candy Land, Chutes and Ladders, Monopoly, and Monopoly Jr. the Disney Channel Version. I also bought two decks of cards, Uno and Rook cards. I have been meaning to get these as part of my emergency preparations. When the power goes out or during the winter when we are stuck inside more, we will have games to play.

The kids and I came home and cleaned up a little, still needs a little work. I washed dishes, and made dinner (grilled cheese and soup with homemade pickles on the side). Started the fire going again, as it is in the low 40s tonight. The girls just got finished watching Shrek 3, and are dancing to the music from the movie. The fire looks very comforting. I like the living room at night. The curtains are down, the fire is going, and everything is winding down for the night.

Candi is coming for lunch tomorrow, and another friend is coming over in the evening. Topping that off, my sister drops her two hooligans off Saturday evening. We are watching them for a couple of days while she and her husband go to Vegas for their 10th anniversary.

Time to get the kids in bed.

No comments: