Tonight I had my first BIG speaking engagement. I have mainly talked to small groups, but tonight it was an unknown church. My friend Lorie, set it up for me. I was very nervous and prayed all the way to the church that God would give me the words to say. Well, I am proud to say that He must have, because I don't remember much. I do know they thought I was funny, and liked how I made the presentation interesting with my humor, and appreciated the tips I gave them on saving money.
I made a Powerpoint presentation and their media person connected it to the overhead projector, this helped me keep on track, and I tried to follow the outline. This worked really well, I had 45 minutes, and I used every minute of it, stopping right on time. The outline was perfectly time. Praise God! I took a stack of books, my Watkins catalog and samples, and a variety of different items that I produce and sell online and set up a table for everyone to look at. The point was to encourage them to think of things that they can do to bring in more money to help pay down their debt.
I hope I get more of these type of speaking engagements as I really want to make this a big part of my ministry.
I have set up a new website for this ministry, it is still under construction, but it is located at www.geocities.com/biblicallymanagemoney
I will be posting scriptures relating to money management, tips and resources, as well as, beginning a new four week bible study on how to manage your money....
Send me an email at biblicallymanagemoney@yahoo.com
No comments:
Post a Comment