The girls and I are so jealous of Bob's snow (see www.walkedwithangels.blogspot.com) as we would dearly love some ourselves. The weather here has been great too, chilly and rainy. Great stove weather. We left for church this morning, leaving behind a house that looked like it had been through a tornado. Once we came home the kids cleaned up the living room, while I put the lights on the Christmas tree. That was our deal. Then the girls and I put the ornaments on the tree, and Taylor steadily worked on the outside lights.
I cleaned up the dining room, foyer and kitchen, and am now sitting here with the candles lit and the fire glowing through the glass door in the wood stove. The house smells wonderful, and it is wonderfully relaxing.
We have finished 99% of our Christmas shopping (I just have the kid's dad and my son to buy for).
I have a little more decorating to do outside, and then I will get started on my baking. I plan to have a Christmas Party this next month, along with Candi's baby shower, so cookies and gingerbread will come in handy.
This is the first time I haven't received any orders for my pies, gourmet cookies and brownies. It seems strange. I think the economy is having an effect on what people spend their money on, and evidently my baking items are considered a luxury. LOL!
Today's sermon was very thought provoking. The pastor talked about making sure your salvation experience was genuine, and how to tell if it was or not. Just because you teach Sunday School, own a bible, attend church or are involved in a ministry does not mean you are going to heaven. Evidence of this is in Matthew, where it says that many claimed to have done miracles in Christ name, and at judgement he will say to them "depart I never knew you". Assurance for those who have will love the Lord with all their heart, soul and mind, and will love fellow believers. It really made me stop and evaluate myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment