Monday, March 17, 2008

Bats in the Belfry

No, I am not admitting I am crazy, so get a grip! LOL!

There was a bat in the house tonight! I was washing dishes and I was attacked by three little girls (Lauren, Hannah, and Lauren's friend, Cheyenne) screaming in only the way that little girls can. They knocked me down to the kitchen floor, and I called for Rodney to come get the bat out. Well, he saw it as no big deal, and wouldn't come, so he got Taylor to do it. For those of you who don't know Taylor, well, he's a bigger "weenie" than the girls. I had to tell him to open the front door, and close the rest of the doors to the rooms. The bat flew to the living room, then his dad told him to close the dining room double doors, and then Taylor stood in the doorway to the hallway waving his arms, the bat flew out the front door. Taylor's first instinct was to hit it with a BIG stick, but I wouldn't let him. It wasn't the bat's fault, it was mine. I left my bedroom window open, and it doesn't have a screen on it.

The girls finally calmed down, and played hide and go seek in the house, which is stressful, for me. I am always worried they will slip on the wood floor in their socks and knock their head into a corner. I absolutely can't stand running in the house. Rodney went to bed around 10 p.m., and I made the girls settle down in the living room. They are playing Monopoly and watching the Disney Channel right now, but I am getting ready to send them to bed, because I am tired!

Made a trip into town today to the credit union and bank to withdraw some money. I am only keeping a bare minimum in the bank/cu due to all these bank failures, I'd rather have access to my money, which you potential thieves out there, isn't much. We are a one income family here, so don't get any ideas (plus we have the Castle Law here in TEXAS, read it, learn it, live it). LOL!

Had two families look through the house tonight, hopefully SOMEBODY buys it. Are ya'll praying out there?

And for the BIG, SHOCKING NEWS OF THE DAY! (drum roll please)

No, I am not pregnant! Sheesh!

RODNEY HAS SOLD HIS DIRT BIKE AND HIS HYABUSA MOTORCYCLE TO BUY.....A TRACTOR! He picks it up Wednesday in College Station!

No comments: