Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!


Today was a wonderful day. We were up early and headed to church. Services started an hour earlier today (10am), and we were having brunch afterwards. Everyone brought a dish. I made a cinnamon coffee cake. There was fruit, muffins, quiche, sausage rolls, sausage biscuits, juice, milk, and coffee. After we ate, the kids had an egg hunt in Pastor Kelly's yard. Hannah really enjoyed herself, and jealously guarded her eggs the rest of the day. It is very hard to break her of the 4 year old "mine" syndrome.

Taylor helped out a neighbor in his greenhouse this afternoon. Taylor really likes working in the greenhouse and with plants.

We headed out to the land around 2pm for the girls (Lauren, my niece Leighann, and Hannah) to ride the 4 wheeler. Rodney said he wasn't going to cut the grass with his new tractor, but he did. He is like a little boy with a new toy with that new tractor. He was able to finish cutting the brush on the entire property this afternoon! He is so happy. The place looks so much better. All that greyish, brownish brush was covering the most beautiful green coastal grass, just beginning to poke through the grown. With the mesquite trees beginning to leaf out and the grass, it is really beautiful.

The sun glistens off the pond so beautifully! It turned chilly and drizzly this evening, and the wind was whipping up quite a bit when we left the land around 6 p.m. When we arrived home I dished up the dinner. I had put two pork loins with red potatoes, rosemary, thyme, garlic, pepper, salt in the Crockpot before church this morning. It was falling to pieces by this evening, and was wonderful! I made mac and cheese, corn and cornbread to go along with the pork loin. It was a nice Easter dinner.

Rodney headed to his parents around 7:00pm to say hello to them, and to talk to his dad about his new toys (tractor/shredder).

Shaina (other niece) and Taylor played on the PS2, while I ran LeighAnn home. She has school in the morning, otherwise she could have stayed the night.

Well, I just finished up the dishes, and everyone is laying down for the night, so I guess I will go to...

Happy Easter everyone!

ETA: we are all feeling better today. I haven't seen Candi, until today at church, because our families have been sick for two weeks. It started with her Mary, and has ended with my DH (hopefully it has ended). The kids have missed playing together, and I haven't been able to sit and talk to Candi in awhile. It feels really strange to not have seen her a couple of times a week, or at church.

No comments: