
This weekend was a busy one. Friday evening the girls went out to the parking lot. Lauren said she was going to teach Hannah had to ride a two wheeler. I didn't really believe her, since Hannah is 4. Saturday morning (early) they were back out there practicing. By 10:00 am, they called me to come outside and Hannah was riding up and down the parking lot across the street!
I could hardly believe it. Hannah looked so little! I wish I had my camera charged. Once I get it charged I will take a picture of her riding.
I called and told my mom, and "Grandma" said to go buy her a helmet. We managed to get a helmet, knee/elbow pads, gloves, a kickstand, a basket and a horn. Everything matches together and the bike too! She looks so cute, but the pads, gloves and helmet have come in handy. She has fallen several times, and would have skinned palms if not for the gloves. She hates the helmet, because it makes her sweat, but I told her she has to wear it.
Taylor and I headed to town after seeing Hannah. We stopped at a cake shop to purchase some empty food grade, five gallon buckets. I am using these to store food in. I have been putting flour, cornmeal, rice, beans, etc. in the freezer to kill any bugs or bug eggs that come in the food, then you let it return to room temperature before storing in the buckets. I am doing a variety of buckets, some will have only loose rice, cornmeal, or flour. Other buckets will have a mixture of things, like bags of rice, beans, lentils, chocolate chips, mac n cheese, sugar, flour, brown sugar, pasta, and such. I put a few bay leaves on the bottom, and a few on top of the stack of dried goods. Bay leaves repeal any other bugs from invading the food. (I also use these on my pantry shelves, cabinets, drawers.) The bay leaves really seem to work. Spent the afternoon, totally cleaning the house and doing laundry.
Last night, Rodney and Taylor worked at putting up corner posts for the fencing at the land. I left early with the girls because the lightening was geting bad. By the time we got home, the guys arrived shortly. Rodney said it got really bad so they headed home too. Last night the thunderstorms were bad. Hannah got scared around 2 a.m., and came and got in bed with us. She hates thunderstorms, and is always scared of tornadoes. We've had to many in her short life. She always wants to get in the bathtub with her pillow. (we plan to build a storm shelter at the land)
Put a ham in the crock pot this morning (was up early due to phone call Rodney received abotu storm damage at his work) so we'd have lunch ready when we arrived home from church. Today after church, Mary (Candi's oldest daughter) came home with us. She and Lauren get along really well. After lunch we headed to the land. It was 90 degrees and really hot! The girls all got in the water, and rode the four wheeler around the land. Lauren and Hannah fought all day today. Mary even told me that they were very mean to each other. Lauren too! I had to get after them several times today, and everyone went to bed early tonight.
Now, I am trying to wrap things up, and head for bed. It's almost 1 a.m.
Good morning everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment