It's a beautiful day today! the sun is shining, the birds are singing, and the swallows are back! I sure will miss them! That is how I tell Spring is truly here, when the swallows arrive. Your first indication that they are here is the dive bombing of the front porch, and their chirping calls. Unfortunately, most of their nests fell down through the winter, so they will have to build new ones this year.
Rodney and his dad left for College Station this morning to pick up the tractor. I pray they will make it back safely, and that the tractor meets their expectations.
Lauren and I are coming down with a sinus infection, or allergies, or something. We are both congested, with slight coughs and headaches. I think it may be a result of the illness we experienced this past weekend. Hannah, Taylor and Rodney seem fine. I need to break out the Echinacea, and cut back on the Elderberry to help get rid of the infection. I hate sinus infections!
Shaina, our niece came over this morning to help pack up Taylor's room, and to load up the truck. We took a load down to storage, it took a good two hours out of the day to get down there and back. We have taken a break for lunch, and the kids (Taylor and Shaina included though they are 19 and 21) are eating on the back porch. The puppy went too....
I need to get back on schedule packing and getting ready for the Realtor tomorrow afternoon. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the 80's, and I'd love to go to the land for lunch, but it will have to wait, since she will be here. Rodney and I will also be attending a horse seminar at a local steakhouse. The topic is how to feed your horse on a diminished budget, and still keep the horse healthy. We don't have horses yet, but we will, and the seminar and dinner are FREE.
Hannah is having a hard time, as the "big kids" are being mean to her. I think it is time for her nap.
No comments:
Post a Comment