
Well, the day is finally here, the day the Realtor comes to talk to me. I have been trying to get her here since Christmas, but something always pops up, either for me or her. I am not quite sure we are going to list the house with a Realtor, but I will listen to her, and we will decide this weekend, what to do. I am just anxious for someone to buy the house. I won't go on my tirade about the economy today, and while the Fed did drop the interest rate by.75%, I hope that it is enough to encourage someone to purchase now.
Yesterday, I cleaned so much, I was in physical pain by 8 p.m. I stopped and took a shower, and a Naproxen (wanted to take the Darvocet, but I still had more to do). I felt better after the shower, and between both Taylor and I we cleaned the carpets. I have boxes of stuff, half packed in the corner of the bedroom, and the walls in all the bedrooms need to be painted. You don't notice some of these things, until all the furniture is gone, and you can see how dirty you actually are. I clean EVERY day, but the more I clean, the more I find. I absolutely hate cleaning, and then come back and the kids have cracker crumbs on the table, or colors everywhere. Very frustrating, when you are trying to get ready for someone to come view the house.
Rodney arrived home late with the tractor. He and his dad spent 12 hours driving yesterday to get it. We had checked around our area, and there was absolutely nothing "used" for sale. He will look at getting a shredder, disc, and plow next. His dad did say we could borrow the disc and plow, but we need a bigger, bulkier shredder for the brush at the land.
We attend the horse seminar tonight. I am looking forward to it, because it will mean I will get a little break, and be able to eat by myself, without taking someone to the potty.
Not that I don't love my kids, but everyone needs a little time to themselves, if even just to think or pee in peace! LOL!
ETA: the horse feed seminar tonight was very informative. It was sponsored by a local feed store for Acco Feeds owned by Cargill. Logical information on feeding horses by their weight, and not feeding more than 0.5% of their body weight at one time (i.e., 1000 lbs horse would get 10 lbs feed a day, but no more than 5 lbs at each feeding, spaced ideally at 12 hour intervals. 7:30 a.m. t0 7:3o p.m. to 7:30 a.m. and so on). This is supposed to maintain them, if they are at their ideal body score (another topic, I found interesting). All the information will come in handy when we get our horses.
Another topic they discussed was their reasoning behind increasing feed costs across the U.S. Ethanol production is evidently increasing, which is taking a large supply of corn to produce, which leaves less for the agricultural community. Simple supply and demand.
The dinner provided was good. The seminar was at a local steakhouse, and they served chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, cream gravy, green beans, corn, rolls, and iced tea.
No comments:
Post a Comment