I was pretty proud that we made it through the winter without anyone getting sick. I felt, well smug, that my theory of keeping the kids out of school would avoid 99% of illnesses. Well, it has, but that nagging little 1% has bit us in the posterior.
Hannah and Lauren are sick. Hannah started with a sore throat yesterday evening, then Lauren. I gave them both Elderberry tincture mixed in some Cranberry Grape juice, along with Echinacea-Goldenseal Antibiotic. Actually, Lauren drank it without problem, but Hannah, well, she would only take a few sips. Lauren was find today, except for a headache. Hannah had full blown fever, headache, body aches, and smells make her nauseous, plus she wouldn't eat much. I have been dosing her with Motrin every now and then, but I want the fever to burn out the virus/bacteria. I did give her more Elderberry tincture in about 2 tsps of cran-grape juice, so she could swallow it at one time. She did fine, so I will use this method in the future. She is sleeping now, Lauren too. I have a sore throat and have been taking Rezist ( a immune supplement from Watkins) plus drinking plenty of o.j. I feel much better. It has also just occurred to me that my perpetual sore throat that I have had since I was 14, has been absent for a long time! Noticing my sore throat for the first time in a long time was surprising to me, I was used to it hurting every day! I am hoping to beat this illness due to better eating, vitamins, herbal medicine, lots of sunshine, etc.
Rodney spent the entire day painting something. Early this morning he painted the polyurethane on the dining room floor. Then he painted the trim in the foyer. Next is the hallway.
I need to help Taylor pack his room, and then I need to totally finish my room and the kitchen. The last thing I want to get done is get the carpets professionally cleaned. I have a carpet cleaner, but it doesn't work as good as the professional steam cleaners.
I really want to get the painting done, so we can put the For Sale sign in the yard. I have been procrastinating on that, because the house hasn't been ready to show yet, we are almost there...I hope this week will do it. Please pray for us that we get motivated and stay that way.
I found the following Bible verse this evening, and it about summed up my feelings on advising people on food preparation. I thought I would share it here.
"Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?"
Gal 4:16
No comments:
Post a Comment