Sunday, March 9, 2008

The Weekend is Over

I just wanted to jot down some notes from this past weekend. We received 1/2 inch of rain on Thursday, I know this because of the rain gauge we hung up LOL! I want to try and keep a record of the annual rain fall, so I know what to expect.

We spent yesterday afternoon out at the land. Rodney burned a large brush pile, while I read the newsletter I received from Voice of the Martyrs. Later I ran into town to pick up dinner, and we sat around the fire pit eating dinner, and listening to the coyotes yip and yowl.

The wind picked up, so we put the fire out and went home before it got too chilly. Today after church, while Rodney was staining the dining room floor, the kids and I ran to the land to feed the catfish and check on the chickens. It's amazing how much windier it is at the land! The weather here today was grey and drizzly. But once we got to the land! Man! I didn't want to stay too late, it seemed as if a major storm was coming! I wonder if it is always going to be so windy out there? If so, my laundry should dry really fast!

We received one egg yesterday. It's frustrating...with four hens I should be getting 28 eggs a week, maximum, but I am getting 2! I sure hope as we get longer days, the egg production picks up......eggs are $1.89 a dozen, and I want to avoid buying any for awhile.

No comments: