We started back to school yesterday, but I thought I'd post what we are working on for this week.
Hannah is working on her letter writing. We are practicing penmanship and continue with letter recognition. I don't generally push her too hard, because I remember being stressed out at her age when I was in Kindergarten. She always ask for more, and I will give her a little more, but tend to stop when I see her getting too frustrated.
Today she worked on the letters D, U and V. In Math, she worked on writing the number that comes before and after, counting two groups of objects, and circling the group that either had the most or the least, depending on the instructions. She also did one worksheet where she counted pennies and wrote down how much money it was, she loves doing the money worksheets. We read two stories in her Princess book she received for Christmas, and several pages in her Bible storybook that Michael and Vanessa gave her for Christmas. We have finished through Noah's Ark. Now she is painting and drawing pictures of Noah's Ark.
We will continue to read stories from Mother Goose, Fairy Tales and a chapter from the Bird Woman (Sacajawea).
Lauren's school work is a little more in depth, since she is older. She has finished reviewing the 5th grade, we have been doing a combination of review and 6th grade, and we are now heading full scale into the 6th grade curriculum. We are in week 15 of the lesson plans..we took off two weeks for Christmas, so will pick up where we left off.
She asked to finish reading her Tinker Bell Chapter book she received for Christmas, and she finished it today. Tomorrow we will start back into Pilgrim's Progress, with plans to finish it by the end of next week.
Other than Math, which she is working on graphing, she is doing Penmanship using Presidential speeches, and we started on learning about Martin Luther and the Protestant Reformation using the online text "The Awakening of Europe".
For Science we will be working on a lesson plan on fish, and she will be entering the art contest for the State and submitting a poster of a Texas State Fish for her age/grade category. http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/leave/?u=http://www.statefishart.com/lesson.pdf
More later, time for lunch ;-)
FYI: I put a new list on the side bar regarding resources that I am looking for, if you happen to have one that you'd like to donate or sell, please leave a comment or email me. Thanks!
No comments:
Post a Comment