http://www.home-school.com/Articles/phs12-karenandreola.html
I was reading about the British educator Charlotte Mason. I've heard of her, but didn't ever read anything in depth until this afternoon. I didn't realize our views were so similar. How funny!
The girls didn't do too much work book activity today. Today I focused on house cleaning with Lauren, teaching her the proper way to clean, and do your best the first time, so you don't have to go back and re-do. She also spent time reading her new book "Little Women". Last night she baked cupcakes (she ate most of them too, the piglet ;-) ) I worked with her on accurately measuring the ingredients, because Hannah was greatly concerned that she would add too much oil this time (she had a brownie mishap a while back, and Hannah won't let her forget) and then no one could eat the cupcakes.
My mom is expected in a little bit. She decided to come from Florida to help me out for a couple days, while we get prepared for the baby to be born IF he ever decides to arrive that is...
Rodney's secretary gave us a baby present. She is a great quilter/seamstress (she won an award at the recent county fair). She took blue plaid fleece and edged it with satin blanket trimming in a Winnie the Pooh scene, she also made a little quilt that had jungle animals on it. They are both very cute. I love them! I love it when people make me things, rather than buying them.
I am still working fast and furious on my baby afghan. I think if I can sit down and work on it tonight, I can get it done, washed and ready to take to the hospital. I'd like to bring the baby home wrapped it in....but we will see.
Rodney and the girls left to go take care of the animals at the land, and to get a load of wood. The ham is in the roaster, and I have bread baking, so it smells wonderful in here. As soon as my mom arrives with my sister and her kids, we will eat. I am starving. I haven't been hungry much lately, but the baby moved down some (again) today, so I feel like I can eat. He has been roaming back and forth, and side to side. At least my back isn't hurting today, but my hips do. Ah! the joys of pregnancy. ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment