It's a little chilly this morning, 35 when we woke up. We have the fire going, and Lauren is drawing, while I am teaching Hannah how to sew. I showed her how to sew a seam. I cut a small square of calico fabric, and showed her how to put the right sides of the fabric together. I then drew a line with a pen for her to follow with the needle. I showed her just the basic "in and out" seam, and then showed her how to sew on a button, and tie a knot. That's it for today.. She did really well for her first time sewing, and being 5 years old. I told her we would look for a few simple embroidery kits, and doll clothes patterns after the baby arrives. She can work on her embroidery, and maybe give them as Christmas gifts in December.
I also wanted to wish my baby sister a Happy 23rd birthday! Happy Birthday Ashley! I called her at 9 a.m. this morning, and sang to her...not sure she appreciated it ;-)
Tomorrow is my brother's birthday. Happy 27th birthday Michael!
We have a lot of birthdays here lately...with these two, plus my son's 20th birthday on Tuesday, and me going in on Tuesday to have this baby. We need to have one big party to celebrate everyone's day...save time and money.
No comments:
Post a Comment