It's quite chilly tonight, in the 30's. I finally broke down and lit a fire as the living room was getting cold.
Rodney, Blake, Preston and Taylor went to the Monster Jam tonight, they have been going for several years now (well not Preston, he's only 4), it's kind of a tradition now. The only change is that Rodney's dad didn't go, but he and Rodney's mom have been sick a lot lately. His mom is recovering slowly from surgery, and his dad has recurring vertigo and sinus issues. Please pray for them. They are in their 70's, and illnesses seem to take longer for them to recover from.
Lauren rode Jack (the donkey) today. Well, actually she sat on him, he wasn't too cooperative in moving, unless Rodney walked in front of him with a bucket of carrots.
One of the puppies has been missing for 3 days, Baby Katrina. So, either a coyote or hawk got her, or she wandered off with her sister Rose and got lost. Rose, the adventuress, was only gone one day, but she returned.
I bought 500 lbs of wheat the other day for a really good price, $8.00 for 50 lbs! What is awesome about this is that normally I pay $38 for 50 lb buckets. The wheat was from a local farmer too. It's in bags, so I have it stored in the cabin, to keep the mice at bay. The mice are rampant in the barn. I need to put out more Decon. Bonita and I split the bags, 5 each, and plan to get more this Friday. My PT Cruiser will only hold so much, poor little car. It has had hay stuffed in the bag, a baby Nubian goat, and now 500 lbs of wheat ;-)
The Realtor also called today. We haven't had the house listed for several months, but she said she had forgotten to remove the house info from her website, and someone called wanting to see the house. They wanted to come today, but she had a previous showing, so it will be sometime soon, which means I will have to about kill myself to get the house in some sort of shape to view. It'd be nice if they make an offer, I'd accept almost anything at this point.
Please pray for the house, family, and that the baby comes soon, is happy and healthy, and that I don't have to have a C-section. I am really anxious over the last part. I've never had a C-section, but this baby is much bigger than the others, and with Hannah getting stuck when she was being born, I am getting more and more scared each day.
Hannah was riding the little four wheeler we have, and turned too sharply and it flipped over. I was inside the cabin, and heard her voice, but when I went out, I didn't see her or hear her again. I then heard her say "Daddy", I started walking that direction, and then heard "Daddy help" at the same time I saw the four wheeler on it's side. I started running as fast as a 9 month pregnant woman can. I was imagining her laying under the four wheeler. I couldn't see her, and started running faster, who would have thought I could run that fast? I finally saw her stand up. She was all dusty, had grass on her sweater and pants, and was crying. She was walking towards me by this time, so I stopped running, since she was apparently okay enough to walk. She had got a little thorn stuck in her palm, and her knee was red, but she was okay, but scared. Rodney came running and set the four wheeler upright, started it, and had Hannah ride it slowly to the barn and put it away. She didn't want to, being really scared, but I understood he didn't want her to be scared to get back on, though I think she is too small and young to be riding by herself still. I thought so before, but she was only puttering around the cabin, in "slow motion" so I tried not to be too over protective, but she needs to get a little more coordinated before getting back on by herself. I checked her over and she was fine, but we cleaned the little scratch, and put a band aid on it.
No comments:
Post a Comment