Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Herbs for Pregnancy, Labor, Child Birth and Afterwards

*For my use only, storing here for easy retrieval

Beneficial Dietary Supplements

Angelica is used to ensure expulsion of afterbirth.

Blue Cohosh helps to prepare the body for an easier childbirth and aids contractions. Take only during last 12 weeks of pregnancy.

Black Cherry helps reduce pain during child birth.

Feverfew can help reduce pain of child birth and ensure expulsion of afterbirth. Use only during labor, not during pregnancy.

Red Raspberry Leaf helps reduce the pain of child birth.

Alfalfa is essential for normal blood clotting.

St. John’s Wort helps alleviate the pains following child birth.

Lady’s Slipper Root helps reduce stress and labor pain when taken during child birth.

Shepherd’s Purse is used to stop internal hemorrhaging.

I am drinking the Red Raspberry Leaf now with a little peppermint thrown in...it is very good...yum! I've been reading about Natural ways to induce Labor, as I am at 37 weeks, and the doctor stopped my contractions. I'm little irritated, and next time I won't call her until I am further along with the contractions, and/or won't let her give me anything while I am at the hospital. If this baby is not born in the next week or so, he will more than likely be over 8lbs, and I will have to have a c-section. Where is this woman's mind, that she would want that to happen? I DO NOT want a c-section...period. So, I am taking matters into my own hands, trying natural ways to induce labor, and Praying (with a capital "P") - Kids.....Please do not try this at home ;-)

A good link http://www.givingbirthnaturally.com/

No comments: