With the anniversaries of both the space shuttle disasters arriving, the girls and I watched two documentaries this morning. One on the Challenger and the other called Seconds to Disaster, the Columbia story. Both were sad...I remember the Challenger one very well, I was a junior in high school. I remember a little about the Columbia, even though it was more recent. The girls are very focused on watching the documentaries. I was surprised that it wasn't a struggle for them to pay attention. Hannah is very upset that people still fly into space, she thinks they are stupid ;-) She thinks they need to see these two films so they will know. She has a point.
I think these documentaries provide a good history and science lesson. Next on the schedule is to watch the documentary on the Exploration to Mars, then we will get busy on our seat work.
No comments:
Post a Comment